Priceline Hotel: 4 Star, Hyatt Regency, Capital Hill $119 for dates: 7/17 - 7/21

sharigil
By sharigil,
in

Hi there,

I used to live in DC years ago and am taking my 10 year old for an extended trip there; she's been dying to go for 2 years now. We have all nights covered except the first 4. I've been thinking of all possibilities, from staying in downtown DC to staying around Tysons Corner to staying in Rockville, where our second hotel is located.

I've done some checking and noticed that he Hyatt Regency, Capital Hill, is presently charging $110 for our nights. Priceline states that their "Name Your Own Price" option can save bidders up to 60% (I've seen more than 60% in some cases). 60% off this hotel would bring the cost to $44/night. Is that feasible to even try as a bid? 

I had also planned on using Priceline for a car rental, but the parking cost at this particular hotel would be crazy. I won't rent a car unless I stay further out.

We will be in DC for 9 nights total, so I am attempting to keep our costs down as much as possible. If staying in the District area, I'd like a 4 Star hotel in locations: 5, 6, 10, 11, or 13. 

Would love to hear your thoughts as I'll be clicking through and bidding soon!

Thank you!

Welcome to Betterbidding. 

Pricing via the discount services is highly variable and dynamic. In major cities especially, it's not unusual for rates to vary significantly from day-to-day. Discounts on Price.line can be *as much as* 60%, sometimes more, but often times less. The discount might be much less if it's a busy period and hotels don't feel the need to aggressively discount. There are other variables - it's up to the hotel whether or not to even offer discounted inventory (the Hyatt, to use an example, could very well decide not to for these dates) and at what price. There are many hotels in an area like DC in each zone and often at each star rating. Unfortunately, $44 is highly unlikely.

What would be your desired max bid per night for this stay? Additionally, please provide the names of the acceptable zones rather than the numbers - thanks.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]