Hotwire Hotel: Help ID Hotel MTE 4*

uimagine
By uimagine,
in

Hi,

Can somebody please help me ID a hotel for 2/3-2/5/06 in the Midtown East area on Hotwire?

Its listed as a 4* property with the following features:

"Best Value"

Boutique

Fitness Ctr

Spa

Hi Speed Internet

Business Center

I did some research on the Hotel List and all signs point to the W NewYork. Can somebody help?

thanks a bunch!

I have heard some pretty bad things about the W New York from various travel sites. I guess its not the best W in town. I also found another hotel in another part of town on Hotwire:

4* - Times Square

Restaurant

Fitness

Spa

High Speed Internet

Business Ctr

for $186 on the same dates.

Checking the Hotel List, the only thing that is 4 stars is Millenium Broadway, but the amenities seem way off. I'm guessing this might be the Westin instead, with a lower star rating than the previously reported 4.5. But again, the amenities seem a little 'scrambled' ,so i"m not too sure......Any other possibilities?

If this IS indeed the Westin, would this be a better property than the W-New York?

Thanks so much for your help!

Hotwire often changes the order that the amenities are shown, so don't worry so much about the order, worry more so that they match exactly, which in this case they do match those of the Westin (but as you point out the star rating is off).

It is very possible that the above is the Westin and it has been downgraded to 4* since last reported. The W New York has recently been renovated and the reviews have improved, but even so, the Westin is a better hotel than the W New York and typically gets better reviews.

However, if you're flexible in your plans, i think i would sooner try to get a deal on Priceline as i think that $186/nite is expensive for this time of year. If you want to try that route let us know and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Any thoughts/questions... feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]