Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Dallas (Market Center - DAL Love Field) Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center

veinteuno
By veinteuno,
in

I'm posting this more as an FYI for anyone that may potentially be bidding on the same dates as me. I am currently bidding for a 7/6 check in, 7/8 check out, 3.5 or 4 star hotels.  It's a Sunday through Tuesday so, in theory, I feel like rates should be cheaper, especially at the tail end of a holiday weekend. I started out bidding at $50 for 4 star hotels. In $2 dollar increments I unsuccessfully bid up to $58. I just added 3.5 star hotels, with a starting bid at $55, which was unsuccessful as well. Stay tuned…..

Thanx for your post.

If you need any help with an estimated bid amount or a strayegy so please let us know the zones you're bidding on by PRICELINE names.

Good luck with your next round of bidding.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

You've got a little bit of time, and quite a few free rebid zones, so should be successful.  FYI, for your dates there currently is a Priceline Express Downtown 4* at $74 (with a very good rating).  With the 5% discount in Thereuare's signature that brings it down to $70.30.  You could consider that your "Plan B".  

Romelle

How high are you willing to bid at this time for a 4* hotel? For a 3.5* hotel?

If you're willing to bid higher than your current $58/nite bid price you can bid better by utilizing your re-bid zones.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

living in Minneapolis, I have kind of grown accustomed to not paying more than $60 for a hotel like the Westin. Maybe that is skewing my perspective. I would like to not pay more than $60/night if I'm getting a 3.5 star hotel. Add 5-6 bucks/night if I was getting a 4 star hotel.

Update: tried tonight. $60. 4 star hotel, same zones as listed above. Bid was rejected but, this time I had the option to up my bid to $76 without changing anything. Wondering if maybe that means if I take a step down to a 3.5 star hotel at $60 if it will be accepted. I will wait and see if anyone from here as some feedback before I submit my next bid. Worst case scenario I will just re bid again tomorrow night. 

The counter-offer means that the 'right' number for a 4* hotel is somewhere between $61-$76 and you can't really extrapolate this to mean anything for a 3.5* property since lower rated hotels are not always necessarily cheaper than higher rated hotels... rates are set based upon the hotel's own supply/demand for the give nites.

Take the following example:

4* has 'normal' occupancy for a given night (let's say 60% rooms booked/40% still available)

3* hotel has a wedding booked (with lots of out of town guests) and is also the 'official conference hotel' for an event taking place in the area (or at the hotel itself) and therefore only has 5% of their rooms available for the same nite

--> in this scenario the 4* hotel could very easily be less expensive than the 3* hotel

Regardless, PRICELINE EXPRESS has this 4* hotel in the Market Center zone (double check your dates on the landing page) for $69/nite and the discount code and link in my signature takes an extra 5% OFF which would bring this to within your budget of $66/nite for a 4* hotel:

Indoor Pool

Outdoor Pool

Business Center

Fitness Center

... does this work for your needs?

If you were still looking to bid on PRICELINE for this stay you have SIXTEEN re-bid zones at the 4* level so you could easily reach your maximum bid for all 4* zones... are you familiar with re-bidding and is there a reason you're not using your re-bid zones on your previous bidding attempts? (see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and if you're new to the concept it's highly recommended you ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Got the Crowne Plaza for $60/night. I tried four star hotel at 62 yesterday (I didn't have an opportunity to bid the few days prior) but no go. Logged on at around 11 last night to book Priceline express deal to use the coupon code, forgetting it expired at 11:59 PM eastern time so, I missed out on that. Either way, I ideally wanted to be in Market Center so, this works out great. 

Thanks to all who submitted feedback to aid in the process. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]