in

8/5/14 to 8/9/14

2 Rooms

4 adults

2 kids

Midtown Central

4 star

$305 per night

Amenities:  free internet, smoke free rooms, fitness center, restaurant(s), business center, self service laundry, internet access, accessible for the blind, accessible for the deaf, in-room accessibility, wheelchair accessible, accessible bathroom

Midtown Central

4 1/2 star

$310 per night

Amenities:  Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, internet access

Times Square - Theatre District

3 1/2 star

$294 per night

Amenities:  Smoke free rooms, Fitness Center, Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility

Financial District - Wall Street

4 star

$295 per night

Amenities:  Free internet, Smoke free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self service laundry, Internet access, wheelchair accessible

Have you made any decision for the Washington DC leg of your trip yet? Please post a follow-up there with any decisions or your current thoughts for that part of your stay, then reply here and we'll have a look at the HOTWIRE offers above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just replied to my win in DC.  Thank you.

Also, just saw a new one in NYC:

4 star

$257 per night

Amenities:  Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accissible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

your best guess?  Thanks

Please remember to post your wins/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in t timely manner.

Best guess/comments for each:

Midtown Central

4 star

$305 per night

--> The Jewel upgraded to the 4* level since last reported to the board

Midtown Central

4 1/2 star

--> Park Lane Hotel

3 1/2 star

--> The Row NYC

Financial District - Wall Street

4 star

--> is there also a Room Accessible amenity? If so, there are a few possibilities for this one, but given this is a similar price as those above, the others would be a better option based upon location.

4 star

--> Crowne Plaza Hotel Manhattan

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Agh! They keep changing quickly.

Could you please help me with these...

Midtown Central

4 star

$232 per night

Free internet, smoke free rooms, fitness center, restaurant(s), business center, self service laundry, internet access, accessible for the blind, accessible for the deaf, in room accessibility, wheelchair accessibility, accessible bathroom

90% recommend

Trip advisor - 4.5

Financial District

4 star

$229 per night

Free internet, smoke free rooms, fitness center, restaurant(s), business center, self service laundry, internet access, in room accessibility, wheelchair accessible

90% recommend

Trip advisor 4

Thank you

The amenities for the two properties above are the same as those in your original post, and unless you see something different between these and the previous listings (besides a change in price), these are likely the same properties.

Thank you for your help. You seem very knowledgable for NYC. I would love your opinion. Again, we need two rooms for 4 adults and two children. Although a rollaway would work, our preference would be two beds. The Jewel didn't appear to offer any rooms with two beds (maybe suites). Are two beds hard to come by in NYC?

Do you have any advice? We prefer to stay in MTC, Times Square, Financial District. About $250 per night...

Two beds in NYC is unfortunately difficult to come by - this is (when available) often a paid upgrade. PRICELINE and HOTWIRE do not guarantee an exact bed type, but if you do enter more than 2 people on HOTWIRE, you should get some form of bedding for the entire party. Would MTE be of any interest? Although a little over budget, there's a 4.5* for $260 and a 3.5* for the same price, but the 3.5* offers free breakfast and has a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating showing on the detail page.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

What about your thoughts on the other hotels (other than the Jewel)?

I'm also seeing what looks like the 3* Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea (4.5/5.0 TA rating and 100% recommended by previous HOTWIRE guests) which is very well located (4-5 different subway stations, all with different lines, located within a 5 block radius) for $221/nite (Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Roll-in Shower)... OR what looks like the 4* ESB Affinia Dumont for $254/nite (Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Pet Friendly) which is also very highly rated at 4.5/5.0 TA rating)

• 9 months later...

I felt that it was just too risky to book through Hot.wire with the four of us. I really wanted two beds - one preferably a queen or large pull out sofa. I did not want roll away beds so I booked through the hotel to ensure the bed situation.

It was disappointing because I could have got such better deal/hotel through this site.

Thank you

Not sure where, or for how much, you ultimately booked... but it's also possible that you could have received two rooms for about the same price for one room/quad occupancy.

... at least you got the room configuration you wanted for this trip.

When PRICELINE / HOTWIRE don't work for your needs for a given trip, please book thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hope you enjoyed your time in NYC.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]