Priceline Hotel: Savannah Historic District

lewbar
By lewbar,
in

New to this site and do plan on using the links here when I do put a bid in for Priceline, once we have trip details finalized.  In the meantime I have been searching this board/forum to gather as much information as I can.

We are looking at doing a Thursday and Friday stay in the Savannah Historic District the beginning of August.   When I look at hotel sites or discount sites, they all show a rate for Thursday and a much higher rate for Friday (the weekend rate), anywhere from $30 to $40 higher on Friday.   When I put a Priceline bid in for those two days, will I put a bid in for the total amount I would like to pay for the two nights combined or how should I do that?  

For the hotels listed on the Priceline site, we would be looking at a 3.5 or possibly even a 3.0 rating hotel.   

Any help would be appreciated...just trying to get as much info as possible.

Thank you.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

If you are going to bid, you enter the bid amount you want to try for *per night*, not total.

What would be your desired budget per night for this stay?

Please let us know when you have your date/s confirmed.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

You place your bid per nite for the entire stay... not a different bid for each nite of your stay.

For example, let's say that you thought one nite should cost $50 and a second nite should cost $100... you could place your bid for $75 (since this is the average of the two nites)

Does that answer your question?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know once your plans are firm and we will suggest a bidding strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You might also take a peek at the Hot.wire rates for your dates.   For the different star levels and areas, you will see only one "per night" rate.  Like your Price.line bid, it will be an average of the two night's numbers.

But do be aware that Hotwire may be a little more generous with star levels than Priceline.  Perhaps a 1/2 star.  So a 3.5* on Hotwire might be a 3* on Priceline.  

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]