NYOP Flight Help

copco
By copco,
in

Hello!

I am trying to use the NYOP tool to get from Minneapolis to Columbia, SC (or anywhere close by). I have to do it relatively last minute (leaving 6/26 and coming back on 6/28 or 6/29) due to needing to verify time off from work. I need 2 tickets for myself and my fiance. When I tried using the tool, it states that once we enter all of the information, it will automatically bill if it finds a match. The problem with this is I wanted to see options before verifying to make sure it doesn't give me a layover overnight (essentially negating the entire trip). How can I use this tool without being screwed into a long layover or committing to something without first seeing it?

I've run out of options since every airport nearby I've tried to look at for this date range is asking for at least $600 dollars per ticket round trip. We're looking for no more than $300 per ticket, and preferably less. Any assistance would be much appreciated! 

If you link from the Priceline box up above (right side), and follow on in the bidding process you get to a page that will answer your questions before you actually bid.  

It says flights from MSP to Columbia, SC (and some other relatively nearby airports) have an average connection time of 74 minutes.  "You will fly between 6 am and 10pm."  And then it goes on to show %s for typical departure times and returns.  

Soft information, but it might help.

Do check out the distances for those alternate airports.  Alternate departure from Rochester, MN.  Alternate arrivals in NC and GA, plus another point in SC.  You might not want to check all those boxes??

Romelle

While I was looking at it, a blinking screen kept talking of other people's recent winning bids - $295 and $300 - but they well could be for the alternate locations.

I've run out of options since every airport nearby I've tried to look at for this date range is asking for at least $600 dollars per ticket round trip. We're looking for no more than $300 per ticket, and preferably less.

Is this an optional trip in the sense that if you're not successful at $300/ticket you'll cancel the trip, as this doesn't seem realistic relative to the $600/ticket price you're quoting.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]