Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Seattle (Airport SEA) Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport

trevms
By trevms,
in

Im trying to book a room for 1 night in Seattle - DOwntown area for my parents (i'll be paying.) - August 28th.

Ive read up on the rebidding process and just want to ensure I understand it properly.

If I look at the hotels in zone 6 the range from 4* and below and the hotels in zone 7 ae 3* and below.

Based on the rebidding advice I should start at approx $125 in zone 6 and build up to my max - say $160 and if no hits start at $125 with zone 6 and 7 building up the same way.

Does this make sense?

Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks,

If I look at the hotels in zone 6 the range from 4* and below and the hotels in zone 7 ae 3* and below.

Correct, but in the future please list the zones by PRICELINE name (and not by number) as the numbers will change any time that PRICELINE adds/removes/renmaes zones in the future.

Based on the rebidding advice I should start at approx $125 in zone 6 and build up to my max - say $160 and if no hits start at $125 with zone 6 and 7 building up the same way.

Not sure i'm following your desired goal... what star rating is it that you're looking for and which zones are acceptable?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm trying to get a 4* hotel for approx. $150.

My parents are staying overnight before catching a cruise so I thought they should stay in the DT area near the space needle.

I've never been to the city so any advice on where to stay would be useful if my thinking is off.

Thanks,

The Space Needle zone woudln't be a bad choice, but the Pike Place Market zone would likely be a bit more convenient to the sights they will want to see/explore (and they'll need to take a taxi to the port regardless of which zone they stay in). However, the Space Needle zone will most likely be a bit less expensive, but at the moment, i think you're likely looking at or near $200/nite for a 4* hotel even if you included both zones in your bidding.

HOTWIRE has a 3.5* in the Space Needle zone for $174/nite which also has an excellent 4.5/5.0 TA rating. The amenities are:

Free Parking

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Boutique

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... best guess for this one would be the Maxwell Hotel if you think this would work for their needs (10 minute walk to the Space Needle... 30 minute walk to Pike Place (although they could take a taxi, city bus, or monorail part of the way).

If they are flying into Seattle and arriving in the late evening or nite and won't have much time to explore the city anyways, the airport zone would be a fair amount less (closer to $100 for a 4* property)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, it is possible to make the deal, as there was $156 for 4* Hotel of Pike Market in PRICELINE EXPRESS. You can use summer14 coupon, there will be 5% off, so you can make it under 150 without bid.

If you want to bid yourself, you can start from 131, then 141, 151 etc. according to my 2 cents. Don't forget to share your win after success. It helps this board if you use PRICELINE link to bid.

There is no 4*, only 3.5* hotel near seattle airport,

In PRICELINE EXPRESS, it is $147 for August 28th.

You can bid from $81, $101, $121 using rebid zone.

Yes, it is possible to make the deal, as there was $156 for 4* Hotel of Pike Market in PRICELINE EXPRESS. You can use summer14 coupon, there will be 5% off, so you can make it under 150 without bid.

I'm not currently seeing this hotel/rate offered when i search for your dates... trevms, are you able to see this on your search?

There is no 4*, only 3.5* hotel near seattle airport,

This is true on PRICELINE, but the 4* hotel i was referencing i had seen on HOTWIRE, which uses their own star rating system (so it may be different than PRICELINE's) and the two use a different universe of hotels so one service may offer a property that is not used by the other service. However, this property is no longer appearing on my HOTWIRE search for your nite above.

At the moment i think you're likely looking at $100-$125 for a 3.5* hotel in the Airport zone... or $170-$190 for a 3* or better in one of the Downtown zones.

Let us know your thoughts/preference and we'll advise accordingly.

There are actually ELEVEN re-bid zones when bidding 3.5* in the Seattle region... take another look and see if you can confirm them with the board, or if you still only seen ten, list each zone and the highest star rating available in each and we'll advise accordingly. (not sure which one you're missing, but remember that if a zone only has 2.5* as the highest star rating, it still counts as a re-bid zone for the 3.5* level)

As the star ratings and budget has changed/updated, please confirm which zone(s) you're willing to accept and your maximum bid and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

...Id like to be in and around $120 for the same room.

You can bid up to $120 for a 3.5* hotel in this zone on PRICELINE, but no guarantees that you will receive the same property as this 3.5* HOTWIRE property (or that this 3.5* property is one that is even offered on PRICELINE, and even if it is, if it is also 3.5* rated by PRICELINE)

If you're willing to accept any 3.5* hotel in the Airport zone, you can try bidding as follows:

Select 3.5* Airport...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Yes,

There are eleven zones. I want to be near the airport in a 3.5* priceline hotel.

I noticed that hotwire has a 3.5* hotel for $134 CAD - Id like to be in and around $120 for the same room.

Your thoughts?

Now 113 is 3.5* Hotel rate in HOTWIRE, wish you best.

Seattle Tacoma Intl Airport SEA area Hotel

3.5* 90% recommended

Travel Dates

Check-in: Sat, Jun 28, 2014

Check-out: Sun, Jun 29, 2014

Room type

Hot Rate

See amenities

Rate per night  $113.00

Nights  1

Rooms (2 adults)  1

Subtotal  $113.00

Tax recovery charges + fees $25.14

Hotwire total  $138.14

I guess you will get Radisson, don't forget to keep us posted.

I'm still seeing the 3.5* Airport hotel at $121/nite, but if your search shows a $113/nite rate, you could then obviously lower each bid in the strategy above by $10 so that you end at $110, and then take the $113 HOTWIRE rate if unsuccessful with your PRICELINE bidding. (NOTE: i see a 3* at $113/nite)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

You can't "pick" a hotel and then 'force' (or hope) HOTWIRE offers the same property to you... that's not how it works. As well, even if you could bid on this specific property or have this hotel offered to you, with regular rates starting at $264/nite for your date, i suspect that this will be out of your budget.

Did you try any of the bidding above for the Airport zone?

If you wanted to check for that property the first step would be to see if there are any 4* hotels offered on HOTWIRE in the Airport zone and within your budget (then the next step would be to see if the amenities match those previously reported to be associated with that property)... but currently there are no 4* hotels offered on HOTWIRE in this zone.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone please help me identify this hotel:

I'm trying to bid for a 3-3.5* hotel on Price.line but am having no luck @ $125 so this is my next choice.

Thanks so much.

90% recommended

Travel Dates

Check-in: Thu, Aug 28, 2014

Check-out: Fri, Aug 29, 2014

Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet , See more

Rate per night

CAD122.47

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Please also change the drop down menu on the top right of HOT.WIRE's page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOT.WIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

After changing the currency as per above, please run your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool and use the EASY VIEW tab to view this offer... what is the room rate per nite in US Dollars and what are the full list of amenities associated with the property (viewable after clicking the 'FULL AMENITIES click here' button at BiddingHelper.com)?

Please could you help me identify this 3* hotel?

 90% recommended
Travel Dates
Check-in: Thu, Aug 28, 2014
Check-out: Fri, Aug 29, 2014
Room type
Hot Rate
Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet , See more
Rate per night
CAD122.47
Nights
Rooms (2 adults)
Subtotal
CAD122.47
Tax recovery charges + fees
CAD26.42
Hotwire total
CAD148.90

Free Parking
    Free Breakfast
    Free Internet
    Airport Shuttle
    Fitness Center
    Business Center
    Internet access

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

2x

After changing the currency as per above, please run your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool and use the EASY VIEW tab to view this offer... what is the room rate per nite in US Dollars...

2x

This is what I'm seeing on Hotwire -

US$110 for 3*  - FULL AMENITIES: Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Airport Shuttle, Fitness Center, Business Center, Internet access

or

US$133 for 3.5* - FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Airport Shuttle, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

Any suggestions on which hotels they are?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]