Hotwire Hotel: 5* Big Island (Kohala Coast) Hapuna Prince

infoplease17
By infoplease17,
in

Watching hotwire for some time and figured out that it was likely the 5* on Kohala Coast was Hapuna Prince. Ranged over a period of days between $174-$207. I finally bit at $177, and yes it was the Hapuna Prince. That is the most awesome beach and it is where we wanted to be.

Priceline has the prince coming in sometimes at $140, but they also have the Hilton Waikoloa in that zone which we did NOT want to get. Too Disney-like for us (we have seen it on a past visit and it did not appeal to us).

So for an extra $30/night I got what I thought was a "for sure" thing, or close enough for comfort.

Unfortunately, the recent post about the 4.5* on the Kohala Coast did not get any responses and I would have liked to have known what that might be. But my suspicion was it might be the Marriott at A-Bay and we wanted to be at Hapuna. We are very happy with that deal, although disappointed with our $88/night pre-airport stay at the King Kamehameha in Kona. It's only for the night and we plan to sightsee our last day and spend very little time in the room anyhow. Might make it easier to leave paradise!

Good job on these boards, but they need to be updated, and more folks should use them!!! Come on everyone, where are you?

Glad you got what you wanted with this one.

Can you confirm this is a Customer Favorite and the amenities are:

Resort, Beachfront, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business Center, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Children's Actvities

Just want to make sure we got it right for future users. Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was dissapointed that my post regarding the 4.5 star resort on the Kohala Coast was not answered, especially since I responed to the questions asked by thereuare. This website is helpful, more prompt responses would make it even better.

I got the 5 star Hapuna Prince for $158 a night for 4 nights in October. I did not want to chance Priceline and getting stuck at the Hilton Waikoloa.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]