Priceline Hotel: 4* Cleveland (Downtown) Hyatt Regency Cleveland Arcade

roplan
By roplan,
in

I just won a 4* in downtown Cleveland on a $67 bid($86.12 total) for this coming Saturday night.

I started bidding last night on 4* Downtown hotels, moving up in $2-$3 increments from $63, adding an area each time(there are 10 from which to choose with no 4*'s)stopping at $75(just five bids), maximizing our $95 total budget(including taxes).

I closed browser and started same bid structure on 3 1/2* hotels, stopping at $72(lower rating, lower budget and just four bids).

Closed browser again, started with 3* at $55, stopping at $65.  I was counter offered a 3* for $76 and turned it down.

But after reconsidering today that we just wanted a really nice hotel with good restaurants nearby, I started bidding using the University Circle as my start point.

Started on 4 1/2* at $60, $2 or $3 increments, bidding six times, stopping at $72.  Nothing.

Started new bidding for 4* at $60, then $62, $65, then figured, add the Downtown area and bid $67, and nailed it.

To understand where a good deal sweet spot would be, I perused the Priceline.Express deals to know what price not to exceed and get my own deal.

We are happy with the results.

It was through this board I learned the framework for the bid structures while bidding on a Pittsburgh hotel a couple weeks ago.

I, of course, used the PRICELINE link from this site.

Thanks for being here.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]