Hotwire Hotel: 3* (Kailua - Kona) King Kamehameha's Kona Beach

infoplease17
By infoplease17,
in

Disappointed to get the King Kamehameha for our one night in Kona. Thought we'd get the Royal Kona Resort which was listed on your Big Island hotel list. Then, reading reviews on the web at various travel sites, see that neither is any better than the other.

Very pleased to get the Hapuna Prince for $177/night for our other two nights on this island however, based on your list.

This is a great site, just not getting used much unfortunately.

This is a great site, just not getting used much unfortunately.

We just need you to tell 10 friends, and have them tell 10 friends, and so-on and so-on. We're only about 7 months old and i think we're progressing quite nicely, but it will only get better as we continue to get more users.

Thanks for doing your part and sharing your winning info :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Am i correct that the amenities shown for your purchase were: Beachfront, Restaurant, Pool, Tennis, Laundry?

If so, these are indeed the amenities associated with the 3* King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel.

If you were looking for the 3* Royal Kona Resort, the amenities for that one are indeed different and as follows:

Oceanfront (NO beach access), Restaurant, Pool, Tennis, Spa

(the Spa icon being a giveaway, as well as the Beachfront vs. Oceanfront (NO Beach Access) icons)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I see it! Probably wasn't paying close enough attention.

I really like your boards and wish more folks would start using them - for instance, I am really curious about that 4.5 star on the Kohala Coast. But really wanted the Hapuna, so it doesn't matter anymore, to me anyhow.

One thing I like about Hotwire, although it tends to be a bit more expensive, in my experience, the rooms are of better quality and I like not having to wait 72 hours to rebid. Yes, there are ways around it on Priceline but it's getting harder all the time. The amenities help if you can match them up on the Hotwire vacations, too.

Anyhow, keep up the good work - hope your board catches on. I know the moderator on TOBB puts some people off. I don't mind her too much but I would love to just get the information I need to make educated bids.

• 9 months later...

I just saw this hotel name and it has been a while but I stayed here on a Priceline stay in 1999 to find that the door to the adjoining room i.e. next door neighbor had NO locks!!!! My husband accidentally pushed on the door just to check it out to find an old man in his underwear! For the next 4 days, we would bolt from the elevators to our room in fear of the embarrassment of running into him. Second funny story is that we were fighting over what channel we were going to watch and accidentally found the Japanese playboy channel. It was crazy! I wonder if it has changed now. LOL....

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]