Hotwire Hotel: 4* ID Help Downtown Montreal 7/10 - 7/13 Priceline Express & Hotwire

Locolos14
By Locolos14,
in

Hello, first of, what a great & resourceful forum! I need help IDing Priceline.Express deal & Hot.wire deals. 4*, Downtown Montreal, 7/10 - 7/13, 3 rooms. Below are the amenities for each:

Priceline.express - $114 per night. Only amenity it lists is pets allowed. Any idea what hotel this might be?

Hot.wire - $119 per night. Amenities: free internet, pool, indoor pool, smoke free rooms, fitness center, restaurant, business center, spa services. Any idea what this might be?

I was thinking Omni or Sheraton from reading your hotels lists.

Also, do you think I may get a lower price if I bid through Price.line? Any bidding suggestion? Thanks for all your help!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

How big is your party?

Also, do you think I may get a lower price if I bid through Priceline? Any bidding suggestion?

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

If you would like to get help with a bidding strategy so please post your budget/night before tax/fees, zone(s) you're willing to stay in and the star rating for the hotel.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll go from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Hello, our party is made up of 6. However, we'd like 3 rooms with double beds. Do you think that would be possible? I think what is most important is a 4* property in the downtown Montreal area. From the amenities I mentioned below, do you have an idea what hotels they might be?

For a bidding strategy, I'd like to be around $115 before taxes in the downtown Montreal area. No less then a 4* property. Thanks!!

However, we'd like 3 rooms with double beds.

I assume you mean two double beds per room?

If so...

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed per room. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. If this is not a risk you're willing to take, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and guarantee sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search. This should provide two separate beds in the room, but the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, rollaway brought into the room, etc.

If you search HOTWIRE for 3rooms/6adults/6children does the same hotel and rate appear? If the amenities have changed what is the new amenity set? If the room rate per nite has changed what is the new room rate per nite? (and is this still within your budget?)

Bidding on PRICELINE will usually be a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, but with HOTWIRE you can have more control over two 'beds' per room.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 11 months later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

When PRICELINE / HOTWIRE don't work for your needs, please use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases (and ask your friend to do the same if they will be the one making the actual purchase)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]