Priceline Hotel: Help with Bidding for Renaissance Washington

jyager02
By jyager02,
in

I am looking to go to a conference in October and was hoping to get a hotel nearby.  Specifically I was hoping for the Renaissance Washington. 

It looks as if you cannot get this hotel or basically any of the good hotels near the convention center with HOTWIRE (convention center arts district), as I much prefer getting deals through hotwire, given it is much easier to identify hotels.  I just wanted to make sure this is true as the area on hotwire does list a 4* hotel.   It includes smoke free rooms, fitness center, restaurant, business center, internet access, and spa services.  If it came down to it, I think I would prefer the embassy suites before a random hotel further away, but the 3.5* that is listed does not list any amenities.  The only other hotel is a 3*.  I am under the impression that Hotwire has changed the zones recently.

Now, it does seem as though I can get the Renaissance through PRICELINE, but ensuring certain hotels in this area seems like a long shot as there are seven 4* hotels in the capitol hill convention center area.  Some of these hotels look much better than others given amenities and location, but there are some I would prefer not to stay at.  So I am left wondering what are the odds of getting the Rennaissance and is there any method to have better odds of getting it when bidding through PRICELINE

Alternatively the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal does list a convention center 4* (8 guest rating) with amenities business center, free internet, fitness center, restaurant, and bed choice available that seems like it might be renaissance, but this is $212 which I will not pay.  I realize that the express deals are definitely not as good as bidding, but any idea how much that might come down in the next few months?  And any way of figuring out a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal?

Next question, as for price, what would be the best time to try and get one of these.  My previous hotwire and priceline deals I booked just about a week-month before and prices and bidding seemed the best, but I am not sure for this area.

Finally if you think I am missing out on a hotel either in this area that is very good or another area close by, please feel free to tell me.  It just seems at this moment like the best steal would be the renaissance.

As always, I will use the better bidding PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for whichever I choose.  Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

To get started, what are the actual dates of your stay?

Are your plans for attending this conference firm? As the $200+ PRICELINE EXPRESS property is beyond the price you're willing to pay, what is your maximum budget per nite for this trip?

For the HOTWIRE property we need the dates of your stay in order to research this offer.

With PRICELINE bidding there is no way to target/guess/avoid a specific property in the zone.

For PRICELINE EXPRESS you can try to guess as to the property offered, but it's a time consuming process so we ask that you only ask for help for offers that are ready for purchase (ie- plans are firm and price is within budget) since the same hotel may never drop in price and/or may not be the hotel offered once the user is ready to commit to the trip.

If you're ready to move forward, let us know the information above (dates, budget, etc) and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]