Priceline Hotel: Hotel NYC

marconne1705
By marconne1705,
in

Mission technically impossible.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I agree... at current rates your budget is not realistic. Using our sister site, MAPS and HOTELS.com, what is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels for an acceptable 4* hotel for these dates?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With current rates at $400+ a bid of $120 is not realistic... at this point in time you are more likely looking at $200+ for a 4* hotel. What is your gameplan if not successful up to $120/nite?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

... prices will drop down in the future, if occupancy rate is not good.

That is a pretty big if... and if occupancy is stronger than currently expected, rates will go up even higher than they are now.

While under $200/nite may be possible, i doubt that anything near $120 is likely, as ~$200 is the right ballpark for this time of year. If you go to the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins search this area for your dates last year (use 9/15/13-9/29/13) and if you click on the 'x Wins' in each date of the calendar you'll see a link to the reported wins and rates. You should discount (or exclude) the wins which are only for (or include) weekend dates since in NYC those days of the week are typically less expensive than midweek dates. Do this exercise and you'll see that ~$200 is on average about the going rate for this time of year.

If you're inclined to wait i would consider bidding up to ~$180 or so (of course starting lower so that if something is available for less you'll still receive it) as i think anything at this price point or below would typically be a 'good' deal. As well, i would sign up for alerts at our new site RateDrop so that if any 4 star hotels drop in price (from their current prices) it would be indicative of a good time to try your bidding again. You can get alerts for PRICELINE EXPRESS, HOTWIRE, and even 'retail' prices for 4* hotels in the zone(s) that you're willing to bid.

• 3 years later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]