Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Kauai (Poipu) Grand Hyatt Kauai

jmophotos
By jmophotos,
in

Hi,

I've done a Hot.wire search thru the links here and I can get the hotel I want (Kauai Grand Hyatt) on the dates I want which is all GREAT!  Checking the hotel's direct website shows no availability for the same time period.

My question is, how is it available thru HOTWIRE but totally booked at the hotel itself?  I know HOTWIRE is a consolidator but I thought that was only if hotels have rooms left.  Does this mean I could show up and get bumped?  I've never seen this before.  Any info greatly appreciated.

TIA

It is not unheard of for HOTWIRE to have discounted inventory, but for the hotel's website (and/or one or more of the hotel websites like Expe.dia) to be showing sold out. Getting "walked" - moved to another hotel because a hotel is overbooked - does not happen very often at all, but if it were to happen, you should get additional compensation.

If you would like us to try to ID the listing/confirm, please provide the full list of amenities showing (click on the listing, then click on "book now", then click on "see all amenities" on the next page) and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

This is what I found:

Poipu Area Resort 4.5* 95% recommended

Free Parking

Resort

Beachfront hotel

Oceanfront hotel

Fitness

CenterPool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Children's actvities

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Seems like the Grand Hyatt to me unless the Koa Kea has ever shown up on Hotwire.  Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

Have you ever seen the Koa Kea show up on Hotwire?  It's not in the list.

Also, the amenities for the Hyatt say "pool(s)" and the Koa Kea only has one pool.  Now you've got me concerned as I only want to stay at the Hyatt or I don't want to go.

The list only presents what has been reported to the board. There is always the possibility that something new can be reported to the board at any time. The guess in this case would be the Grand Hyatt, but when using discount services, the trade-off is that nothing is 100% - there is always the chance that something unexpected could appear and one has to be prepared for the possibility.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I too think this is most likely the Grand Hyatt, but with the hotel being sold-out, it does raise a level of doubt (as noted, we do see hotels won on PRICELINE / HOTWIRE when the hotel itself otherwise shows sold-out, but this is more the exception than the rule).

If this was a case of '... i'd prefer the Grand Hyatt...' then i'd be more comfortable with the risk, but if you'd be miserable with any other property, and you're only willing to take this trip if it's the Grand Hyatt, then the risk increases.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It was the Hyatt, thank goodness!  Now, hopefully they have a room when I show up.  ;)   I've used hotwire many times and never had a problem.  Hopefully, this will be no different.  I'll call the hotel tomorrow and probably the day before check-in to make sure everything's good.  Travel is so dynamic, everything changes all the time so I would like to think there will be a room open once the date gets closer.

If I do somehow get bumped, I would most certainly report it here.  I have read a few incidents of that with hotwire but the few reports I've read were a while ago so hopefully those computer glitches don't happen anymore.!!  :blink:  

Thanks to everyone here.  I'll report back, if there's anything to tell.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]