Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown - Pike Place) The Westin Seattle

Don_ww
By Don_ww,
in

Started at Pike Place downtown, at either $80 or $90 (don't remember).  Figured chances were low, but gave it a try.

Added about five other locations in Seattle area, a bit north and south, then went east and included Bellevue.  As I went out, I lowered bids a bit to $80, then $85, then $90, and ended with the win at $95.  I was not going to go over $100.  I added retail district/convention area last.

Looks like a good deal:

at the hotels web site, the "prepaid" lowest room rate is $229.

Travelocity shows "3 rooms left" at $199/nt, as does priceline's "best price guaranteed" at $199/nt.

So my winning bid of $95 is correct when Priceline says "You saved 52%"  Tax and fees were $22.20 more,  $117.20 total.

Note: At the bottom of the priceline win notice, it stated "This facility is currently in the process of converting to a smoke-free* hotel, including all guestrooms and public areas."  So I called to make sure I got a smoke free room, but the hotel has been smoke free for years.  Seems odd Priceline would say this.  Also, when I first called to check, I got the off-site reservation service, who were happy to tell me "Next time you could call here first, we would be happy to match any price you see online."  When I told him I "bid" for the hotel, he said they could not match that price - and then asked me what I got the room for - when I told him $95.00 his response was "wow!"

The location is not exactly clear to me, on Priceline's win, it stated "Downtown - Pike Place - Retail District - Convention Center" but that sounds like the list of several places I was trying...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]