Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Chelsea) Hilton New York Fashion District (formerly Fashion 26)

lynn24
By lynn24,
in

Hi BetterBidding!  I'm looking to book one night in NYC on Sunday June 1, but I'm finding the zones to be a little overwhelming and not sure how to go approach the bidding.

I'm hoping to book something under $120 (I'd love to go sub-$100, but I understand it may not be realistic), preferrably with decent ratings/reviews, convenient location and Free WiFi access at the hotel is a big bonus (I noticed some of the Express Deals don't guarentee Free Wifi).

If you could help suggest a strategy for bidding, that would be great... Thank you!  (I use the BetterBidding links for PRICELINE.com)

Generally speaking at the 4* level these zones are considered to be well located and convenient (with the caveats noted):

MTE, MTW, TS, CPS, MSG, Chelsea, ESB

CPS - has the Hudson Hotel, which while well located, has notoriously small rooms (and given you are hoping for free internet access, i will add, would not be conducive to long hours in front of a laptop if you need to work while in the room)... but if you just need a place to sleep then for one nite it may be OK for your needs

MTE - most hotels are well located, but a few can be up to a 10-15 minute walk to the subway

Chelsea - can be a 10 minute walk to the subway (if on the western edge of the zone) but it's a "hot" area right now with lots of activity, boutiques, bars, restaurants, cafes, etc, etc... so even with the chance of a 10 minute walk to the subway, for many it's still a good choice

Let us know which zone(s) you'd like to bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply!  All those zones sound great.  It's only one night, so size of the room isn't a big deal.  Price is the most important factor and free WiFi is just a bonus.

I'm just stopping over in New York with a friend to enjoy the city in between destinations.  If it changes anything, we are flying out of LGA Monday evening?  (I'm not sure if that would change the bidding strategy at all)

When bidding 4* in NYC you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, CPS, MSG...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, CPS, Chelsea...

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, CPS, ESB...

Select 4* MSG, Chelsea, MTE, MTW, TS...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MSG, Chelsea, MTE, MTW, CPS...

Select 4* MSG, Chelsea, MTE, MTW, ESB...

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, CPS, MSG, Chelsea...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, CPS, MSG, ESB...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea, ESB, MTE, MTW, TS, CPS...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea, ESB, MTE, MTW, TS, MSG...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, CPS, MSG, Chelsea, ESB...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95

If the above is rejected, HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in Chelsea for $98/nite (your price may differ by a few dollars) with:

Boutique

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

... best guess for this one would be the Hilton Fashion District and i would go with this as your best deal.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare!  I followed your suggestion exactly and I won on the very last bid of your bidding strategy... $95 CDN for 1 night.  I got the Hilton New York Fashion District, which if your Hotwire hunch is correct (we'll never know for sure) it means I got it for $11 less than the $106 CDN / $96 USD listed on Hotwire.

Thanks again for your help!  I used the PRICELINE link for every single search as well as the final win. :)

I tried this plan today - but no luck. I bid $110 for a four star hotel, including Downtown district and wasn't accepted.

Any hint of how much should I bid?

Thanks,

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Please start a new thread with your  date/s of travel and any other information (desired star rating/acceptable zones and budget per night) and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID. Rates can vary substantially from day-to-day (as well as seasonally.)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]