Priceline Hotel: 4* Orlando (Disney Downtown - Lake Buena Vista) Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek

Rrashed
By Rrashed,
in

I'm traveling to Orlando from July 15 to August 7 and would like to stay in the Downtown Disney/Lake Buena Vista area. Does my bid have a better chance of being accepted because of the extended duration of my stay? I'd like to stay in a 4.5 stars hotel. Which hotel am I likely to get and how much should I bid? If the 5 stars is cheaper than the 4.5 stars in that area, I am likely to get that one instead?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The highest rating for the Downtown Disney/Lake Buena Vista is currently 4*. And we don't have any reports of 4.5* or 5* hotels in this zone.

In general, there's always a chance that PRICELINE will upgrade you to a higer star rating when bidding.

All reported Orlando hotel can be found in this link: Priceline Orlando Hotels

What is you budget/night before tax/fee's?

Let us know your thoughts and we'll go from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Hi and thanks for the info. I accessed Priceline express deals through this web site and found a 4 stars hotel in the Lake Buena Vista/Down town Disney area, guest rating is 8, for $98 per night, plus taxes and fees, plus a resort fee of $16 night. The amenities listed are:

Pets allowed

Outdoor or indoor pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

Which hotel is this likely to be?

I'm traveling to Orlando from July 15 to August 7 and would like to stay in the Downtown Disney/Lake Buena Vista area. Does my bid have a better chance of being accepted because of the extended duration of my stay? I'd like to stay in a 4.5 stars hotel. 

Longer spans of nights actually have a reduced chance of being accepted.  For a bid to be accepted, the hotel has to have Priceline availability every single one of the nights.  There are all sorts of reasons a particular hotel might already have enough bookings that they'd not make rooms available to Priceline - holidays, special events like ball games, large organization meetings, ... even private large group parties like weddings/anniversaries.  

It is a good idea to try the full longer span first.   But if you find yourself bidding at the top of your budget with no success, then it can be a good idea to break your bids into shorter spans - "splitting the bid".  

Romelle

My budget is around $125 per night (inclusive of taxes, fees and resort fees, if any) and I accessed Priceline.express deals through this web site and found a 4 stars hotel in the Lake Buena Vista/Down town Disney area, guest rating is 8, which looks within my budget range. It is for $98 per night, plus taxes and fees, plus a resort fee of $16 night. Dates are July, 22 to August, 7. The amenities listed are:

Pets allowed

Outdoor or indoor pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

Can you help me identify it.

When posting the amenities click the offer and post from the next page as often the amenities are a bit more details ('Indoor or Outdoor Pool' will often indicate if it is an indoor pool OR an outdoor pool... 'Free Internet' will often indicate if it's free in room, only in public spaces, etc)

I see this offer but when i click on it i get a message that it is no longer available... are you able to click this offer and get to the next page to book?

Also, the maximum length of stay on PRICELINE is 21 nites, so you can use a longer date range then you're currently using if you'd like.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know if you're able to 'click deeper' for the PRICELINE EXPRESS property above OR if there is another offer of interest.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I checked on the offer and it is still available...the dates I entered are July 22 to August 7. Can you please let me know which hotel you think this is.

The amenities are:

Outdoor Swimming Pool

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

Price per night: $98

Rooms: 1

Nights: 16

Room Subtotal: $1,568.00

Taxes & Fees: $249.60

Additional Mandatory Fee: $256.00

The guest rating is 8 out of 10 (or higher), so is it safe to assume that it is not the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort?

I've been looking at almost every hotel in the downtown Disney/lake Buena vista, Orlando area and couldn't find any that have a resort fee of $16. Could priceline be mistaken about either the guest rating or the resort fee? Or is there something else that I need to understand about these deals?

Lake Buena Vista/Downtown Disney

Star Rating: 4 Star  
  Guest Score:
Rated

out of 10 (or higher)

Guaranteed Amenities:
Outdoor Swimming Pool
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Business Center
Fitness Center
Check In: Tue Jul 22, 2014 
Check Out: Thu Aug 7, 2014

Price: $98 per night

Plus taxes and fees

Resort Fees: $16

Can you help me identify this hotel.

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay.

Best guess would be Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Thanks yellowdog, you're awesome!  Unfortunately, the priceline express deal was no longer available for the dates I wanted, so I had to adjust my dates. Still looking for another hotel for the rest of my stay. Will keep searching priceline express deals.

If I bid on a hotel that's offering a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal. How much lower can I expect to go?

You've actually got quite a bit of time.  There is no way of knowing exactly how low might work, but if you start well below and work up gradually, you will be sure you've got the best deal possible.  

Orlando currently has 11 free rebid zones at the 4* level, so you can easily explore a big range in just one bidding day.  Something like $2 increments starting at $78?  

Romelle

To confirm... you used PRICELINE EXPRESS for this stay and received the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek $79 from 7/28-8/7?

If you recall, can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with this purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]