Priceline Hotel: Need help bidding for 7/28-8/8 in Capitol Hill South

JenLipp
By JenLipp,
in

My daughter and I would like to stay in one hotel room in the Capitol Hill South Area of Washington DC from July 28, 2014 through August 8, 2014

As of today, Priceline shows 3, 2.5, 2. and 1 star hotels available. 

We would be willing to stay in any of these star levels but of course, prefer the higher ones.

Over the past two days I have had failed bids and rebids up to $72 for this specific zone.

I really cannot afford to pay more than 75 a night. Do you have any suggestions or strategies to help make this happen?

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

With the PRICELINE zones in Washington DC area being geographically small, is Capitol Hill South the only zone that will work for your plans this trip?

With mass transit readily available and relatively inexpensive, i would much sooner suggest staying at a higher rated hotel in a nearby zone than going for too low of a star rating (which can get dicey, especially in an area such as DC)

You know your needs best, but are you sure that Capitol Hill South is the only zone that could work for your plans this trip?

Have you already bid up to $72, even at the 1 star level, for your dates?

Using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com, what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel in this zone thru conventional rates?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]