Priceline Hotel: New York - September, 14 - 20

Mairabrazil
By Mairabrazil,
in

Hello!

Me and my husband are going to USA from sep 09 to sep 20.

Our trip starts in Miami (09sep - 14sep) and ends on NYC (14sep -20sep)

We are the kind of budget travellers who can accept pay more if more comfort and luxury are offered at a acceptable price. (we would REALLY like a refrigerator in our rooms)

In Miami, i was looking for car + hotel at HOTWIRE, and found really good prices.
On the category hotel I was looking for + economy car, I found deals between 600 - 800 dolars, which is 40% less than booking through normal ways.

So, i was wondering if is safe to make the reservation through Hotwire.
My fear is go to the Alamo to pick up my car, and receive "you don't have a reservation with us" as a response.
As well as the Hotel.

I never used this kind of booking services, so yes, I'm kind of afraid.

At NY, I didn't found a god deal yet.
I noticed that the price range really comes up in september, even after the 9/11 week.

Budget:
Miami, hotel + car = until U$800
NY, hotel = maximum U$1300 (the less the better, to spend our money shopping around :D )
No shared bathroom!

I did not found good offers at priceline.

I tried 2 deals on name your own price, and got nothing.

But I'm willing to try more, with the right tips.

Well, if someone can help us in our dream-budget travel, i would LOVE!

Hugs from Brazil!
Sorry for english mistakes.

As for a car rental, I have used Hot.wire several times in Florida and never had a problem. And your English is very good, much better than my Portuguese! By the way, my new favorite cocktail is a capirihina, cheers! Have a great trip. By the way, if you stayed in Miami Beach, you might not need a car to get around.

Wow, thanks for the tip about rental cars on Hot.wire!

Actually, we are going to shop around Miami, and the outlets seems to be faaaar away from everything.

We want to go to Miami Beach as well, but i don't think we'll book a hotel there, due to its price.

NY is really eating our money! (remember, Brazillian real is ~2,30/ U$1)

It wasn't in our plans to pay U$300 for a simple/tiny room with nothing besides a shower and a bed.

About caipirinha, try to make it with vodka!

It's easier to find outside Brazil, and I think the after taste it's better.

We will use this thread for the NYC leg of your stay, feel free to start a NEW TOPIC in the Hotwire Florida section of the board for that leg of your stay.

As far as NYC for 9/14-9/20, i see what looks to be the 4* Wyndham New Yorker for $208/nite... would this be of any interest?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

U$208 is a little bit more than I like... Because after all, we'll have the taxes and other things.

Is this hotel very good?

This price is in Hotwire or Priceline?

Do you think that it's better (but safe) to expect and book with just a month or a month and a half in advance?
I'm seeing very good deals for closer dates, but in the most cases is just for one day. I don't plan to be moving around the city with my heavy shopper-luggage.

Your dates are the start of high season and while nobody can say if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your trip, i do think this is a pretty good deal for your dates (and just about within your target budget)... but it's a moot point now as that offer is no longer available.

For more on 'when to bid' see the related 'Book Early or Close to Arrival' link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

So if not $1300, what is your real budget at this point in time?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Mairabrazil

Please don't post links. They expire after a short wile and are tied to your session.

If you need any ID help for a HOTWIRE hotel so please run a new search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities. Then copy and paste the amenities, as well as the price, in a reply to this thread and we will then have a look at this offer.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]