Priceline Hotel: outside the airport zone in Milan?

weinish
By weinish,
in

I'm about to bid for mxp (malpensa-milan) but there are hotels in the area that seem small; may not provide good airport transportation.

I'll bid on 4* property so the odds are in my favor, but does it ever happen that PL or HW will screw you on location?

Please add the dates of your stay to your previous Atlanta priceline win so we can edit the topic title and enable that purchase to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and pricelinemaps.

Then click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links and reply to this thread with the dates of this stay, your desired star rating and budget, and we'll then have a look at and comment on your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It isn't a matter of "screw" so much as "buyer beware".  Take a really good look at the Priceline zone map.  You can get any 4* hotel within the shaded area.  I have indeed gotten a hotel on the furthest outside corner possible.   The MXP zone isn't really huge, but it is possible to be over 4 miles from the airport.

I looked at the Price.line retail side of the Milan hotels.  One of the amenities for which one could select was Airport Shuttle.  Hummm - out of 518 hotels exactly zero offered it.  

On to Priceline.Express.  Same story - Airport Shuttle not offered for any of them.  

It seems pretty clear you won't be able to count on a shuttle.  On the other hand, the cab run won't be a really long one no matter where in the zone you get a hotel.  

Europe is generally better about public buses than the US, so that might be a possibility.  

Romelle

• 1 month later...

I ended up paying $90 for the Best Western Hotel Cavalieri della Corona.

It had a shuttle that left on the half hour, which was good.  It was a couple of miles, but very easy to get to.

Definitely worth staying there than the Starwood Property on site, for double.

Hotel had a decent restaurant, pool, hot tub, etc, but wasn't located near many things. 

Shuttle driver kind of drove like a psycho, or, an Italian.

Did you get the hotel via PRICELINE bidding, HOTWIRE, or a direct purchase?

If you used PRICELINE or HOTWIRE can you please also include in your reply the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, and dates of your stay (and in the case of HOTWIRE, the amenities associated with this property (which you can still view by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]