Hotwire Hotel: Identifying Portland Airport PDX - Perimeter area 3*

zandertx
By zandertx,
in

Looking at a 3* PDX airport hotel on hotwire for $73 (regular price $104)

Looks like Holiday Inn Express to me since no pool.  Any other thoughts?  It's been a while since I've used Hotwire or Betterbidding.  Noticed that you can now click on Regular Rates and Super Savers...seems like you can just look at the regular rate and compare it to "slashed" regular rate on the saver tab to see what you are getting now.  How often do they throw a curveball there?

Amenities

*Free Parking
*Free Internet
*Airport Shuttle
*Fitness Center
*Business Center
*Self service laundry

Accessibility
*Accessible for the blind
*Handicapped parking

"100% Recommended"

...seems like you can just look at the regular rate and compare it to "slashed" regular rate on the saver tab to see what you are getting now.

Nope... the crossed out rate is not the rate of the hotel offered, but an average rate of hotel(s) of the same star rating in the zone, so this number should NOT be used to try to identify a property (here is one recent example of somebody trying to incorrectly use this information)

As far as the property above, I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above? Using this method this is the amenity set i'm seeing for this property when search searching for your dates:

Free Parking

Complimentary Breakfast

Free Internet

Fitness

Pool

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Tennis

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... if this is what you're seeing i'd agree that the Holiday Inn Express seems like a likely outcome.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I used the bidding helper, clicked on full amenties and got this...

FULL AMENITIES: Free Parking, Free Internet, Airport Shuttle, Fitness Center, Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Handicapped parking.

Still not seeing a lot of the amenities that you are.  Also getting a slightly different price ($74) when I click through from bidding helper vs. using standard HOTWIRE link and searching from there ($73).  Everything else looks identical.

I'm now seeing the same property as you with the more limited number of amenities, which i believe is a different property then the one i was seeing above, and unfortunately i don't have any firm insight as to which one this may be.

Do you have any specific needs for this trip... would bidding on PRICELINE be an option?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]