Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Burbank - Glendale - Universal City Embassy Suites Los Angeles Glendale

Vista_CA
By Vista_CA,
in

Hi,

***This is a direct purchase, NOT a bid ****

I had no luck winning a * 3.5  - 4 hotels in Los Angeles - San Fernando Valley areas - Hollywood/Beverly Hills - West Hollywood/Burbank - Glendale - Universal City areas for the above dates. Similar to this earlier Priceline Los Angeles post, I tried 7 bids ranging from 125 - 185$  with no luck for the past 1 week.

Finally, I gave up and used this forums's PRICELINE link and did a direct purchase at $170. It's weird that regular list price on Priceline for Embassy Suites, Glendate is $170. And at one point, I tried a bid for 3.5* hotel in the same area "Burbank - Glendale - Universal City" up to 185$ with no luck.

Finally, I even tried different strategies listed in this forum... including this --   priceline bidding strategy, but no luck.

This hotel is about 15 - 20 mins from Universal studios, with NO shuttle service, and charges $15 for parking and comes with a good complementary breakfast.

I know summer time is busy for hotels, but is there any special event going on in this area in this time frame?

Thanks

vista_ca

Sorry to see PRICELINE / HOTWIRE didn't work out for you this time around.

I don't know of anything happening in this area for these specific dates, and rates for the following weekend look fairly similar, so you may just be running into summer vacation in the area (as i seem to recall that California schools start summer recess very early, so you may be at the beginning of the family vacation season)

If the retail rate you booked on PRICELINE is refundable, you could sign up for alerts at our new site RateDrop, and you'll receive an email if rates drop between now and your trip (you can sign up for alerts for this specific hotel, as well as for more general alerts for HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS for hotels of this star rating in the zone)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Great advice on RateDrop, this is something new for me...

Having only launched the site about 2 weeks ago, it's new for us too! :) So far it's been going very well and has already proved useful to quite a few users who booked a deal that they otherwise wouldn't have have been aware of!

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help along the way.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]