Priceline Hotel: Anything inexpensive in LA area?

DailyBidder
By DailyBidder,
in

Everything seems so much more expensive that what I used to pay, 2-5 years ago, in the LA area (essentially anything in the whole LA region and Torrance-Long Beach region).

Priceline had a lot to offer, but there were also things like travelocity top secret hotels, which appears discontinued, that enabled me to get things like the howard johnson torrance for 30-45 per night, including fees and taxes.

So I'm just wondering, does anyone know of any current way (priceline, hotwire, something new I've never even heard of) to get something decent (pretty much 2*, though hopefully not something like the cecil hotel in downtown LA, which is kind of hellish, even if considered 2-3 star (more like a howard johnson, extended stay, holiday inn express, la quinta, etc, or better) for $45/night (including taxes and fees) or less, when booking a 3+ night stay?

This used to be possible (maybe it's the season, though even in march and april, I had no success, and stayed with friends even though I would have preferred my own space).

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions

It would be greatly appreciated if you could share recent wins, as the information - even for past stays - can help others.

2x

Although still not described as strong, the hotel market (and the economy as a whole) has rebounded in the last few years and hotel prices have rebounded along with it.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and star to share any future wins you may have)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]