Get Notified When Rates Drop

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

We are pleased to announce the release of our newest site: RateDrop.com

WHAT DOES IT DO?

As the name implies, the site will monitor hotel prices based upon the criteria you set and send an email when rates drop below the price you determine. The following travel providers are currently covered:

Named Hotels - know the specific hotel(s) you want but they're currently too expensive? Set an alert for your exact dates and the price you want to pay... the service will send you an email when prices for your hotel drop below the price you're willing to pay.

Priceline Express - choose the zone(s) and star rating(s) you are interested in. RateDrop will notify you when a PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel that fits your criteria falls below your price point

Hotwire - you choose the zone(s) and star rating(s), the service will notify you when a HOTWIRE hotel falls below your price threshold

Priceline Bidding - a 'Name Your Own Price' bidding page is also included for convenience since we know many of our users will want to make a bid after seeing current prices... or may want to set alerts after their bid attempts have been rejected

When rates drop below the price you set, an email will be sent with links to all of the hotels that met your alert criteria. Simply click the email link(s) to see the hotel offer.

As your saved hotels drop below your price threshold, alert prices are automatically lowered to the current price (so that you only receive alerts on further rate drops). There is a full control panel so that you can edit, pause, or delete your alerts.

USES: (just to name a few)

• if your price bids have been rejected, sign up for a PRICELINE EXPRESS alert for hotels of that star rating in the zone and for named hotels of that star level in the zone... when either of these drop in price it is possible/likely that the amount needed for a winning bid has dropped in price as well
  • set alerts at very low rates for both 'retail' and 'opaque' hotels for trips you need to take many months in the future. If a great deal happens to present itself, you'll know about it even if you're not checking rates every day.
  • if you have a refundable reservation sign up for an alert below your current room rate... if the rate drops book the new rate and then cancel your refundable reservation

We have tested the system extensively (a big thank you for to those who helped out... you know who you are :) ) but there are bound to be minor glitches and bugs as the service is rolled out and used more extensively and under different scenarios as each user sees fit. Please send us a PM with of any issues you encounter and/or suggestions you have to improve the new site.

BetterBidding users can use their existing username and password to log-in at RateDrop.com

If you want to try the system to experience how it works, you can set an alert at a price that is higher than the current price... you will receive an alert the next time the system checks your trip details.

Enjoy... i expect this to be a big time and money saver for everyone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 months later...

Hey guys,

I was hoping to book one of three hotels in downtown Philly, so I tried your new device. Man, it really worked perfectly. I booked the Palomar at their rack rate when the price dipped. It actually went below the Hotwire price, I believe.

Here's the thing. There was a particular room type I wanted (spa king, if you must know!), and your service didn't display that type even when I clicked "show all room types". So I'm afraid you didn't get the credit for it  :-(  Sorry.

Could you put a reminder and instructions for how to book major chains through your site, to be included in the Rate Drop Alert? I'll certainly use the service again and want to contribute to making it worth your while.

Again, thanks for doing this, it's incredibly useful. Sometimes I have a good reason for wanting to purchase rack rate and in the past I've sometimes checked the prices obsessively almost every day waiting for a dip.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A couple of questions on setting up the alerts:

- For the HW & PRICELINE EXPRESS alerts, are they inclusive of higher zones as well?  In other words, if I want a 3.5* or better, is it enough to set up an alert for 3.5*, or do I also need to set up for 4*, 4.5*, 5* ?

- Is there a way to set up an alert for HW & PRICELINE EXPRESS if there are no hotels currently offered?  I know there are 3.5* hotels in a certain zone, but none are currently listed on my date (it's a high demand period well in the future), so there's no Set Alert button to click...

For the HW & PRICELINE EXPRESS alerts, are they inclusive of higher zones as well?  In other words, if I want a 3.5* or better, is it enough to set up an alert for 3.5*, or do I also need to set up for 4*, 4.5*, 5* ?

While the bidding side of PRICELINE can upgrade you to a higher rated hotel, the PRICELINE EXPRESS side of their service does not (as there are times when you don't want a higher rated hotel, such as in the case of looking for Free Breakfast, Free Parking, etc), so you would need to set up an alert for each star rating that you are interested in.

Is there a way to set up an alert for HW & PRICELINE EXPRESS if there are no hotels currently offered?  I know there are 3.5* hotels in a certain zone, but none are currently listed on my date (it's a high demand period well in the future), so there's no Set Alert button to click...

This option does not exist at the moment, but we will consider it in future versions (although the next update will likely include searching for quad occupancy on HOTWIRE :) )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]