Priceline Hotel: 3* Baltimore South (Hanover - Fort Meade) Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Arundel Mills

Elisa
By Elisa,
in

Two observations:

1) It probably saves money and definitely saves anxiety if you book more than a week ahead.

2) Pay attention to what you actually bid on Priceline. It might not be what you had intended.

Here's the bidding history:

Sunday, 4/27, circa 5 pm Eastern: Columbia North 5/1-5/4, 3 stars, $53. No. Added Jessup & Fort Meade, same price. No. (I attend the same event on the first full weekend in May every year, so I know that I got a hotel for $51 when I bid on 3/27/2013 and for $53 on 4/16/2012)

Changed dates to 5/2-5/4. No. Changed to 2.5 stars. No. changed to $55 and added Ellicott (which I believe has one hotel, 3.5 stars). No.

Did some research and found mystery 3-star hotels on PL for $89 in Hanover/Ft Meade and on Hotwire for $80 in Laurel.

Monday, 4/48, circa 9:45 pm. Columbia North, Jessup, Fort Meade;  3 stars; 5/2-5/4. I *meant* to type $60.  I actually typed $66. Won. Oops.

I stayed at this hotel in 2011 and 2012 (albeit for about $10 less per night); it's nice and in a good location.  When you factor in the PL fees ($10.28) but not the taxes ($16.92), it's a rate of about $71, which is a good deal. My husband points out that $20-30 over two nights is hardly going to break the bank...but it's the principle of the thing.  :-)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]