Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Los Angeles - San Fernando Valley (Burbank - Glendale) Brandwood Hotel

its me
By its me,
in

I hadn't seen any 2.5 * hotels for the Glendale Burbank area of the san Fernando valley of los angeles for priceline.  Unfortunately there are.  I thought I was going to have a free bid for a 3* hotel.

The $90 a night came to $105 per night total.  For that price I was hoping for a nicer hotel than this one.  TripAdvisor had actual travel photos that look a lot worse than the hotel's photos.

I called the hotel to confirm and they said we have a room with one queen bed and will have to pay more if we want to doubles.  I asked if they had roll aways, they don't.  From now on I will only use Hotwire if I'm looking for discounted hotels as they allow you to put in for 3 or more adults (which I would hope would guarantee you 2 beds).

This is the 2nd time in the past month that Priceline has given me a hotel with just one bed.  To get a room with 2 beds, it would be an additional $80 per night.  I remember the days when hotels used to be nice and give you a room with 2 beds but I'm starting to think they are trying to stick it to people who use priceline or priceline themselves, in efforts to get people not to use them anymore.  I could be wrong but why else wouldn't they just go ahead and give you an extra bed if they have them.   I will be bringing an air mattress with me.  Never thought I'd have to do that when staying at a hotel!

Anyway, My previous bid before winning at $90, was $87 that was rejected.  When I bid $85, PL told me I had to increase my bid $20 to $105 if I wanted to try again right now.  I knew that wasn't their price (especially since their Express price was only $95)

Hope this helps

After "winning" our bid, I read reviews from many previous guests.  They all say you cannot stay here if you are handicapped.  You have to go up 2 long narrow flights of stairs to get to the lobby and then more to get to your room.  You have to park in a parking garage where you have to go down steps and then back up.

When I called Priceline to explain this, she went on to say, well you saved $116 over your 4 nights which you would not have saved if you used another other site.

I told her that I'm not saving anything, but that in fact I will be paying a lot more than I would have because I cannot even get to this hotel lobby.

She said, as much as we would love to help you out, we won't.

I know you can't request a handicap room...I don't need to have a wheelchair in the room but I never heard of PL using a hotel like this one.  Guests provided photos of all of these stairs (Brandwood Hotel on Brand ave) if you'd like to check it out.

Does anyone know if this is legal to not at least put me in another similar hotel for the same dates, area etc.  I'm not asking for a refund.  It seems as thought Priceline may be very rich and powerful and I don't know that any lawyer would win or even try to win. I notice the BBB always sides with PL even when it doesn't seem warranted to do so. 

This is all I could find on PL's website about this:

"If you have disability needs (for example only, you need a wheelchair accessible room or require the use of service animal) you must call the hotel after your booking is made and verify that your needs can be met. Priceline.com cannot accommodate disability needs in advance of your booking. If your disability needs cannot be accommodated by the hotel, please call Priceline customer service."

Any suggestions?  

I hadn't seen any 2.5 * hotels for the Glendale Burbank area of the san Fernando valley of los angeles for priceline.  Unfortunately there are.  I thought I was going to have a free bid for a 3* hotel.

The $90 a night came to $105 per night total.  For that price I was hoping for a nicer hotel than this one.

You need to use the correct method of identify you re-bid zones, see this Priceline Re-Bidding Explained thread for more information and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding. You were expecting a 3* hotel, but since you didn't properly use your re-bid zones, it's possible that you overbid for a 2.5* hotel.

I called the hotel to confirm and they said we have a room with one queen bed and will have to pay more if we want to doubles.

The hotel charges more for rooms with two beds vs. one bed even on their own website when booked direct, so it's reasonable that there would be an additional fee for your request for a room with two beds.

This is the 2nd time in the past month that Priceline has given me a hotel with just one bed.  To get a room with 2 beds, it would be an additional $80 per night.

Assuming this is in reference to this previous priceline hotel win, it appear that an upgrade to a room with two beds would have meant an upgrade from a 1BR suite to a 2BR suite, which just like above, the hotel charges more for (and the hotel is being fair since the difference between their 1BR rooms and their 2BR rooms is $80/nite... the same rate you were being asked to pay for an upgrade)

I remember the days when hotels used to be nice and give you a room with 2 beds but I'm starting to think they are trying to stick it to people who use priceline or priceline themselves, in efforts to get people not to use them anymore.  I could be wrong but why else wouldn't they just go ahead and give you an extra bed if they have them.

As per above, the requests you're asking for are upgrades at each of these hotels, and they each charge more for all customers for rooms with more than one bed in them, regardless of how booked.

After "winning" our bid, I read reviews from many previous guests.  They all say you cannot stay here if you are handicapped.

If you have a handicap that prevents you from climbing stairs i would re-contact PRICELINE, let them know that the hotel is "limited handicap accessible" (as per their website) and therefore you don't think they are able to accommodate your needs.

Good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]