Priceline Hotel: General bidding help Manhattan

smartlabelprint
By smartlabelprint,
in

We are traveling to NYC in early October 2014.

We are willing to pay $200/night including tax.

We do not know the number of travelers in our group. We may need 2 rooms.

We have not decided the zones we will be willing to stay in.

We're doing general site seeing. This is our first trip there.

When should we attempt bidding to get the highest star room available in our budget?

What star room do you think we could win in our budget?

Please confirm the exact date/s of travel (rate/s can vary significantly from day-to-day.) If you are going to be a party of more than 2 per room, Hot.wire would be a better choice than Price.line bidding, as with bidding in NYC you are highly likely to get 1 bed.

Rates vary from day-to-day, but October is generally a busy period, so I'd try to lock something in sooner instead of later.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

What star room do you think we could win in our budget?

Impossible to stay without first knowing the exact dates of your stay, number rooms needed, number of guests per room (if more than double occupancy), and which zones you're willing to stay in.

I'd start bidding as soon as your plans are firm, but you're not at that point yet. Post back once you know your exact dates and the number of guests you need accommodations for and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't know if the Columbus Day holiday could be making things more crowded on these dates?

I wanted to add that the NY Comicon in the Javits Center is Oct 9-12.  We would like to attend some of their events.

We would like to cross the Brooklyn Bridge & do some sight seeing near the water.  I'd be happy to stay in Brooklyn if it got us a better hotel.  But maybe through Hot.wire, since I don't want to stay too far from the bridge.

We'll probably look around the times square area a little.  But not too keen on staying where there is hustle & bustle.

We'd like to see some of the sights around Central Park.

Zone's we're for sure willing to bid in:

Central Park South

Empire State Building

Upper West Side

Maybe midtown west

If you have other zones you'd recommend that are close to the items we want to do above we are open to suggestions.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Please post when your dates and number of rooms/guests are firm and you're ready to start bidding.

Rates can easily change if adding/subtracting one day from your trip and/or the hotels/prices currently offered may change once you're ready to bid.

Also, if you need 2rooms/4adults why are you searching HOTWIRE for 1room/2adults... and aren't all of the HOTWIRE hotels well over your all-in budget of $200/nite?

Generally speaking i'd guess you're likely looking at a 3* hotel... a 4* would cost you closer to $200 bid price (not all-in), but we will research once your plans are firm and you're ready to move forward.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]