Priceline Hotel: 4* San Jose (Santa Clara) Hyatt Regency Santa Clara

GoodDeals4Me
By GoodDeals4Me,
in

OK so last year I got $60 a night in a 3.5 in Milpitas via Priceline name your own price. But this year I need to be closer to the university in Santa Clara, but I don't have to be super close either, just fairly close, West San Jose works too. Does anyone know which hotel this could be? It's a bummer because on Priceline I could not get $60 four star and now I have to wait 24 hours to try $60 for 3.5 star.

San Jose, CA •  4/25/14 - 4/26/14 •  1 room  •  2 adults
Hot Rate Hotel
San Jose area
Show map
 80% recommended
11 bookings in last 24 hours
38%
OFF
$95ǂ $59
per night
Book now
Hotels in our 3-star collection
Hotels don't want to advertise prices this low. You'll get the hotel name after you book, so the hotel keeps its good image. (These hotels are examples, not a guarantee.)

Amenities

Free Parking
    Free Internet
    Airport Shuttle
    Fitness Center
    Pool(s)
    Restaurant(s)
    Business Center

Accessibility

Accessible for the blind

Last year I stayed at a 3.5 hotel for $60 on Priceline in Milpitas, but Milpitas is too far from where I need to be which is near the Univ in Santa Clara, West San Jose works too. Now when I go to Priceline I can't get a 4 star for that price and have to wait 24 hours to try that price for 3.5 stars. I could not even find 3.5 stars for decent price in Hotwire so I had to go down to 3. Anyone know what hotel this could be? The areas are big so it's hard to commit not having any idea. Unlike Priceline, Hotwire does not have a West Jose option. Thanks.

Hotels in our 3-star collection
Hotels don't want to advertise prices this low. You'll get the hotel name after you book, so the hotel keeps its good image. (These hotels are examples, not a guarantee.)

Amenities

Free Parking
    Free Internet
    Pet friendly
    Airport Shuttle
    Fitness Center
    Pool(s)
    Restaurant(s)
    Business Center

Reviews
Hotwire customer reviews
 85% recommended (14 total reviews)

Overall satisfaction
    Condition of hotel
    Quality of service
    Room comfort
    Room cleanliness
    Location of hotel

3.5 out of 5.0
Where you'll stay
Santa Clara area
Airports
SJC - San Jose Intl. - 2.6mi
OAK - Oakland Intl. - 32.0mi
SFO - San Francisco Intl. - 32.8mi
Distances are calculated in a straight line from area center
Your hotel's in the highlighted area, guaranteed
Standard Rate hotels near this 3.0 stars $59 Hot Rate hotel

Star Rating
        Hotel
        Traveller Rating
        Price
        2.5 stars
        Holiday Inn Express Hotel &Suites Santa Clara-Silicon Valley
        $94.00
        2.0 stars
        Hotel Stratford
        $89.00
        2.5 stars
        Mariani's Inn & Restaurant
        $133.00
        2.5 stars
        Quality Inn & Suites Silicon Valley
        $100.00
        2.0 stars
        The Mission Inn Santa Clara
        $90.00

4 bookings in last 24 hours
Hot Rate Hotel
Santa Clara area | Show map
 85% recommended

1 Hot Rate room
    1 night
    4/25/14 to 4/26/14
    2 adults

Standard price
    $109ǂ
    You save
    $50

$109ǂ $59
per night
Book now
Know before you go

Primary guest must be 21 and bring ID.
    Your account will be charged at the time of booking for the full hotel room amount, including all tax recovery charges and fees.
    Bringing you rock-bottom prices on hotel rooms means bookings are final (no refunds, no changes).

Low Price Guarantee
« Back to search results
For all prices: Availability is limited and rates are subject to change. Prices are dynamic and vary based on date of booking, length of stay and hotel class. Prices do not include taxes and fees. Hotwire is different from retail travel sites. With Hotwire you enter the date and location. Hotel revealed only after booking.
ǂ Savings based on median published rate we've found on leading retail travel sites in the last 24-48 hours for the same neighborhood, star rating, and stay dates.

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Las Vegas Priceline thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay), then reply to this thread and we'll be happy to look into the above. Please follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

For the Santa Clara hotel. Please run a new search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities. Then copy and paste the amenities, as well as the price, in a reply to this thread and we will then have a look at this offer.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Hi there,

OK so the link sent me to in your response was Priceline, but I was trying to ID Hotwire Hotels. I love the idea of this board, but it confuses me greatly. Also when I tried to look at the calendar to see what people have won for my areas, it shows me nothing. I don't know if I am doing things wrong or what :(

Also, for the Las Vegas situation I posted this last and nothing has changed since then in order for me to update:

"my traveling partner didn't get work approval so now things are up in the air after all that research. Once it's figured out, I will likely post here again."

However, for San Jose, I already have airfare so it's a done deal, I have to go.

I see my Santa Clara posting here, but not my San Jose one? Their 2 different areas, 2 different hotels I was trying to ID so I naturally did 2 posts, but now one is gone?

I went to edit my response yet somehow got a duplicate response from myself on here, maybe because I pressed the back button? Not sure.

I use to get notified of messages on here but not anymore.

OK so the link sent me to in your response was Priceline, but I was trying to ID Hotwire Hotels.

I'm not sure which link you're referring to, the only link i see posted is THIS ONE which is a link to your previous Las Vegas trip.

I love the idea of this board, but it confuses me greatly.

I see my Santa Clara posting here, but not my San Jose one? Their 2 different areas, 2 different hotels I was trying to ID so I naturally did 2 posts, but now one is gone?

All posts for the same trip go in the same thread, so your two posts were merged into this one. However, if you look at the second post of this thread, i have no idea what hotel it is that you're asking about... please don't copy/paste the entire page to the thread, only include the pertinent information needed for us to help research the hotel (star rating, city, zone, room rate per nite, dates of the stay, and amenities associated with the property)

Also when I tried to look at the calendar to see what people have won for my areas, it shows me nothing. I don't know if I am doing things wrong or what

If you post what dates, city, and/or zones you're searching in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins we can confirm if there are no wins posted for those dates OR if there is an error on your end.

Also, for the Las Vegas situation I posted this last and nothing has changed since then in order for me to update:

Your Las Veags trip was for March 15-18, 2014, which is in the past... so surely some decision was made... even if you cancelled the trip, that is a decision that you should post in order to 'conclude' your thread. 'Closing' a thread helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, and is also a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't understand any of this :( I already said the Vegas trip was cancelled in the very thread of the link you provided, what more can I say beyond that? I don't know how to prove that :/ I'd rather not be reminded of a trip that I was looking forward to but didn't happen.

How are the 2 posts merged into one when in one I asked about a hotel in San Jose and the other I asked about a hotel in Santa Clara? All I see here now is a title for Santa Clara? Even if the 2nd post is for San Jose, now it's hard to tell, people won't know that per the title. I guess if they were to be merged and I had to choose one, SJ would be it since it's a bigger city.

I understand you want me to use the links to make a purchase, and I will, but I did not yet make a hotel purchase and I still don't have any info on the 2 hotels I asked about. I would be happy to give this board credit when I have at least some useful info to use. Right now I feel like I am being scolded for not going to Vegas and not saying so, when in fact I did so and closing out the thread would have been appropriate.

Maybe I will try the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins again, but it didn't work for me before. Perhaps I am too dumb for this board.

Sorry I posted too much info on the hotel above. I wish though that the other hotel title and not deleted, especially since San Jose is bigger and maybe I would have had a response on that hotel ID question. I guess I should have had said separate trips in order for you to allow both posts. I don't get why though since people are sometimes willing to stay in more than one area and would go to an area based on price. Seems like that would be more important. And that's how Priceline works too.

I already said the Vegas trip was cancelled in the very thread of the link you provided...

Sorry... missed the comment within the post that the trip was cancelled; that thread is now 'all set'.

Don't worry about the topic title, both of your hotels/posts will be looked at now that i see the Las Vegas thread was followed-up on (again, my mistake to think that it hadn't been)... but you'll need to repost the details of each as i still have no idea of the actual details of the hotel in the 2nd post.

As mentioned above and in your previous thread... the board stays better organized when all posts for the same stay are in the same thread (even if two different destinations are being considered). When there are two different threads, inevitably only the destination where a purchase is ultimately made gets followed-up with a 'win', and the other thread goes unresolved... then future readers of the 'other' thread have no idea if a hotel was ultimately purchases, trip was cancelled, a purchase made but not followed-up, etc, etc. and that makes the board messy and unorganized; over the years we have found that one stay per thread works best (just as one trip with multiple stays/destinations has each leg of the trip have its own topic)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing the win with the board.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them so that the information can help others in a timely manner.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope the stay was a good one.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]