Priceline Hotel: How to get a hotel on the beach?

newbie3
By newbie3,
in

I'm planning on going to Virginia Beach sometime in the next few weeks and am on a budget. I've never used PriceLine before but have heard from friends that using the "name your own price" feature can save you a LOT of money, so I started to try it out. However, I didn't see any way to select hotels that were actually on the beach -- all I saw was the option to choose a general area for the hotel, which means that I could (and likely would?) get stuck in a hotel several miles from the beach.

Any suggestions?

Welcome to Betterbidding.

With bidding, you do have to be willing to stay *anywhere* within the shaded area for the zone/s chosen.

If you want a beachfront property, the best option is to search on Hot.wire and look for a property with a beachfront amenity. 

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know when you have confirmed dates.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

...I could (and likely would?) get stuck in a hotel several miles from the beach.

Not really that far... if you look at some of the zones (for example the Virginia Beach zone (currently #10 in PRICELINE's list) the zone is only about 1 mile wide at it's widest point, so this would be your 'worst case scenario'... not really 'several miles'. May or may not make a difference to you based upon your needs this trip , but making a note that this zone is fairly small geographically speaking.

If directly on the board, or walkable to the beach, then as noted above HOTWIRE would likely be a better option (and choosing a hotel that shows the 'Beachfront' or 'Near Beach' amenities)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]