Priceline Hotel: 3* in honolulu Waikiki

dsj9
By dsj9,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Could you give me the good strategy to get a 3* in Honolulu from the 30th of august to the 3rd of september?

So we don't suggest a strategy that goes higher than you're willing to pay, what is your maximum bid for this trip?

If possible near waikiki beach... I am considering the zone 7,8,9 and maybe 2

To avoid any confusion please list the zones you'd like to include in your bidding by PRICELINE name (not by number) as the numbers will change any time that PRICELINE adds, removes, or changes the name of a zone.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your reply.

The zones are:

The one I prefer:

- waikiki beach area

- waikiki city central

Then

- waikiki marina area

Then

- Executive center

I don't want to go higher than 110$/night taxes included so around 90$ without taxes. Do you think I can get a 3.5 star for this price?

I think you would likely need to bring your budget closer to the $125/nite room rate area to be successful for a 3.5* hotel... your current budget is more likely in the 3* range.

Let us know what you'd like to try for first and we'll take it from there. If for example you try a 3.5* at $90 in your first two preferred zones and are rejected, is your next move:

-lower your star rating

-keep star rating the same but include the next acceptable zones on your list?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So to confirm, your preference is to:

1) bid on a 3.5* in the Waikiki Beach or City Central zone up to $90, if that is rejected...

2) include the Marina zone in your bidding for a 3.5* up to $90, if that is rejected...

3) include the Executive Center zone in your bidding for a 3.5* up to $90

(NOTE: currently the highest star rating offered in the Executive Center zone is 3* so you wouldn't be able to do step #3 above)

If the above, is correct you can try bidding as follows:

When bidding 3.5* in Oahu you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Beach...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* Central...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Select 3.5* Beach and Central...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* Beach and Marina...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* Central and Marina...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Select 3.5* Beach and Central and Marina...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask. If the above is rejected, do you then want to try a similar process for a 3 star property and also include the Executive Center zone in the process?

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thank you!

If it fail I want to try 3* as well.

One question: when I book a room on Priceline via the "name your own price" can I be sure that the price written is the total price I will have to pay? No special additional fee or anything when I arrive at the hotel....?

If it fail I want to try 3* as well.

Please try the bidding above first and if rejected we'll cross the 3 star bridge at that time.

No special additional fee or anything when I arrive at the hotel....?

If the hotel you win charges a resort fee it would not be included in the amount paid to PRICELINE and would be payable directly to the hotel. PRICELINE EXPRESS does does show resort fees, if applicable, for most properties so that would be an alternative option if you'd prefer to 'know' if the hotel you're purchasing has a resort fee (and if so, how much)

Let us know if anything appears within your desired star rating, zone, and budget... you could also have a look at HOTWIRE as well. (our BiddingHelper.com will enable you to search both at the same time :) )

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]