Priceline Hotel: Portland, OR Help!

cynthreab
By cynthreab,
in

We're going to Portland from 04/09-12/14 (exactly a week from today), but prices even on Hotwire or Priceline make it look like we're going to Seattle, instead!  (And, actually, there are way better downtown Seattle hotels than Portland ones - for cheaper!)  Even the one star hotels are over $70!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I haven't done this myself, but I think in your situation I'd go for a Hotwire hotel at PDX-Cascade Station.   Cascade Station is actually a shopping mall, and there is great transportation downtown and elsewhere in the Portland area.  

Romelle

Please follow-up your previous Priceline Chicago thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply to this thread and we'll further comment on your Portland trip above.

Using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com, what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

We ended up not going after all.  I have been having more luck using booking.com than either Hotwire or Priceline.  (So perhaps you might consider adding them, especially since Priceline owns them - at least according to another post I read.)

But, speaking of booking.com, after spending hours if not days looking, I ended up booking (then canceling) a king room at Shilo Inn Suites Portland / Beaverton for $217 for three nights.  Of course, since we didn't go, I can't tell you how it went.

I just posted regarding Chicago - we ended up not going there, also.  But, as an aside, we are going from 06/24-29, so the insight provided was quite helpful.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]