Priceline Hotel: 3* Smrst-Brunswick (Somerset-Piscataway) Marriott

micawber
By micawber,
in

This is kind of an unusual request. I live in NYC but I need to have a one-day 'off-site' to get some writing done and give myself a break and get away from phones, cleaning, responsibilities, etc. I need a *nice* hotel, it doesn't have to be fancy but it does have to be clean and nice and ideally quiet, hopefully with free internet access.

Now, I'm not *that* picky where in NJ it is, except:

--the Ft. Lee/Teaneck area hotels all seem 1) noisy and 2) icky and 3) more than i want to spend

--Secaucus/Newark - again, I don't need to be close to NYC and the nice/quiet factor seems to be diminished

My ideas were:

--I have stayed in the Edison/East Brunswick area before so I am not exactly wanting to go there again but if the hotel was cheap enough and nice enough, I would deal.

--I was thinking that Princeton might be the best area to bid in given the quality of 3* hotels and even 2.5* and positive reviews on both. Also there will be cheap food around for the starving writer.

However, I am open to suggestions, especially from our friend biddingforhotel, who seems to be able to ferret out the best deals in the Garden State. (Especially if there is a good chinese or japanese or korean restaurant nearby as I am a big fan.)

thanks in advance for any assistance. I look forward to using the SavingsBarn link for my bid.

I am open to suggestions, especially from our friend biddingforhotel

my thoughts exactly!!

however, the best deals will be on the weekend as these properties get filled Monday-Thursday with business travellers, many reported wins in the $40 area. I, too, would like to know of good Korean BBQ in NJ besides Ft. Lee :)

an excellent choice, this is not too far from the city. I've stayed here as well, the Marriott charges for high speed internet. There is a Pakastani restaurant on Main Street in Bound Brook, Left Hand side in a tiny shopping center, the food was pretty good, although I have no idea what I was eating :)

I really hoped for the Hilton Garden Inn (I *love* HGI, especially the fact that their clock radios have hookups for an ipod) but looking at the hotel's web site, realized I probably wouldn't get it for Sunday (which was my preferred day).

Bid $33, 2.5, Edison-Woodbridge - denied

Considered going on Saturday instead of Sunday, but instead decided to add Somerset-Piscataway instead.

Got the Marriott that biddingforhotel was so enamored of.

Used the SavingsBarn link.

Thanks to betterbidding for its friendly atmosphere!

(I could still use food recommendations, biddingforhotel, if you're around!)

I am sorry not around for a while... if you already got Somerset Marriott for $33, that is great! I got it too.

Near Somerset Marriott, if you take Route 527-S (Easton Ave) toward Rutgers University, you will see each plaza all has a Chinese restaurant, you may hit Chinese buffet as well (inside plaza). If you go all the way to New Brunswick, a few miles at the end, you can park at the parking deck, and New Brunswick also have dozens of fine dining restaurants, Japanese Saporo, Chinese, Hong Kong noodle ...etc.

If you can eat a lot, you can go back to Fwy 287 from Somerset Marriott toward Fwy 287 South and exit at Route 529 (Stelton Rd), at that exit 6(?), there is big Chinese-Japanese-Italian Buffet, starting this month, they have Dancing parties, singing every Friday and Saturday nights.

If you like sports, at that exit, turn right at traffice next to Motel 6, there is Gabriels that has dozens of TV's and games, pool tables, and of course bar and singers ... In that area is Middlesex Mall that has many nice restaurants and also along Centennial Ave where Gabriels and Motel 6 are on.

If you dare to explore a little bit more, along Route 529 South, about 3 miles, you will hit Route 27 and there are some nice Chinese and Korean restuarants on both directions and big Asian Food Center next to corner on Route 27 South; if you pass Route 27, go one more mile, there is Hometown Buffet, but if you make a left turn onto Route 1 North, you would be so glad to hit the best gas priced station Edison Fuel Stop (I got $2.19 yesterday!) and a little bit north is Grand Shanghai Chinese restaurant, Gee! so nice the decoration and food, but so little price!!! Don't know how they make it.

On the way back hotel, you can take the fast route that will pass another huge Golden Gate Chinese Shopping Center with supermarket on left (Route 1 South) and next to it is a a very famous Malaysia restaurant with a Korean restaurant at next block. BJ's and Chuck E Cheese and another great Chinese Grand Buffet restaurant in between on right (Route 1 North)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]