Priceline Hotel: 3* Houston (Aldine - Bush Ictl Airport IAH) Courtyard Houston Intercontinental Airport

nikothari
By nikothari,
in

I am trying to book a hotel in Aldine - Bush Ictl Airport IAH area.
I am getting a 2 star property for ~$42-$45 secret, with the regular crossed out rate as $81.
The amenities listed are:
Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Self Service Laundry.

I see that the hotel has 113 reviews.
So when I search on TripAdvisor the only hotel in the area with 113 reviews is Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Intercontinental Airport South

But what is confusing me is that on Hotwire they don't list Airport  Shuttle as an amenity, but this hotel has it and I require it.

Do you guys think it will be this hotel?
Or which other one is the possibility?

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

This is what i'm seeing for the 2* hotel in this zone when searching as per above:

Complimentary Breakfast

Free Internet

Shuttle

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

... if this is what you're seeing my best guess for this one would be the Howard Johnson Houston.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your help!

At first I thought it would be the Howard Johnson Houston. But after investigating further and seeing that there are 113 reviews for this hotel according to Hotwire's page and the Howard Johnson does not have Laundry facilities. The only 2 hotels near IAH Airport with ~113 reviews are:

1. Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Intercontinental Airport South

2. La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E. 

Another point to be noted is that the regular price for this hotel according to the Hotwire page is $81. Where as for the Howard Johnson is $56, Country Inn $81, La Quinta $84.

That is why I am leaning towards the Country Inn, as the reviews and the regular price match up. 

I don't want to stay at the Howard Johnson as the reviews are pretty bad

But after investigating further and seeing that there are 113 reviews for this hotel according to Hotwire's page...

The number of reviews are the number of reviews from HOTWIRE guests, it has nothing to do with TA, which it appears is the source of the number of reviews you're referencing.

Another point to be noted is that the regular price for this hotel according to the Hotwire page is $81. Where as for the Howard Johnson is $56, Country Inn $81, La Quinta $84.

The crossed out rate is an average price of hotels of this star rating in the zone for your dates, not necessarily the specific hotel that is being offered.

I don't want to stay... the reviews are pretty bad

The HOTWIRE hotel offered has a 45% recommendation from previous HOTWIRE guests, if you're looking for something 'nice', i would choose a hotel with a higher recommendation (and a higher star rating if within your budget)

There is a 2.5* hotel for $54 that appears to be the Extended Stay America Houston - Greenspoint... if correct this property is very highly reviewed (4.5/5.0 TA rating), but it doesn't appear that they have a shuttle.

Priceline.express has a 2.5* hotel with at least an 8.0/10.0 user review rating and:

Free Breakfast

Free Internet in room

Outdoor Pool

Free Parking

Pets Allowed

Airport Shuttle

Business Center

Fitness Center

... my guess for this property would be the La Quinta Inn and Suites Houston Bush IAH South. It's priced at $61/nite but using the discount link and code in my signature takes another 5% OFF so a few more dollars saved, it has the Shuttle you're seeking, as well as Free Breakfast (which can make this a better value than a slightly cheaper hotel that does not offer free breakfast), and the 8.0/10.0 user review rating is pretty good for a PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel.

Your thoughts if this would work well for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you are thinking of the Extended Stay Greenspoint, it does not have a shuttle, and it is very far from the airport.   Please read my post because I think the TripAdvisor rating of 4.5/5 is too high.  Other ratings are lower.   I've detailed them in my post as well as why I think the TripAdvisor rating is high.   The LaQuinta Inn & Suites is very nice and close to the airport.

Thanks for your help everyone!

I decided not to take the chance with Hot.wire, with the possibility of getting the Howard Johnson. I went to Price.line and did the Name your Own Price for a 3 star in IAH Airport Area. It said the media price price for a 3 star in this area was $143, on my first bid I put $41 not expecting to win, but to my surprise I got the Courtyard by Marriott Houston North and a room with 2 beds, regular rate for this room is ~$190. Great surprise wasn't expecting  this.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]