Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* New Orleans (Warehouse District) The Blake Hotel New Orleans, an Ascend Collection Hotel

.ca
By .ca,
in

I of course started my purchase through betterbidding.com HOTWIRE quick quote and ended up with a hotel right smack on the border of warehouse vs downtown zones. Hotwire offered $871.54 usd tax in for the 3 nights and 2 rooms. Booking through the hotels website would have cost $1038.82. I usually use PRICELINE but it was important we have 2 rooms and 2 beds per room [4 adults 2 "children"  ;) ] and Hot.wire was the best bet for that.

Modest savings at about 13%, can't say I'm totally happy, probably should have gone with the 4*, oh well it's time to party in NOLA!

Hopefully this hotel gets added to the hotel list as there is only one 3.5* listed in warehouse. This hotel used to be listed as a 3* oh well.

Thanks for using the HOTWIRE links on the board.

Also thanx for reporting this new star rating to the BetterBidding Hotwire Hotel List

We hope you're satisfied with the outcome and will like The Blake Hotel.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the complete list of amenities associated with this property... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please also post the rate for one (1) room/night before tax/fee's.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in my reply. I unfortunately looked at all these rates in Canadian dollars the rate was $135.64 CAD which should be about $118 usd. I see a 3.5 warehouse that looks similar to the blakes amenities now for $130 usd a night. 

Here are my amenities

Free Internet

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

From the photos the fitness center looks pretty decent. Nice going for a run in the morning with a view.

Still sort of pissed about only saving 13%... if only there was a way to priceline a room guaranteed with 2 beds, roll away or otherwise....

edit:

I also noticed you list the blake as having a pool. From what their website list there is no suggestion of a pool.

Google streetsview still has banners of "Parc St. Charles Hotel" where the blake should be, perhaps the old place had a pool?

It's possible that the Pool was an amenity under the previous brand.

I also don't think that HOTWIRE is showing the full set of amenities in your account history as a current search for 2adults/2children in this zone shows a similarly priced hotel with the amenities above, but also others:

Free Internet

Boutique

Fitness

Restaurant

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]