Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Seattle (Center - Space Needle) Marqueen Hotel

cmstlist
By cmstlist,
in

I have entered a search for April 1-4 in Seattle, one person, one room. When I click the Express deals tab I see among the results:

2.5* Seattle Center - Space Needle, $72/night

No guest rating

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Breakfast
Free Internet in room

Indoor Swimming Pool
Fitness Center

2.5* Seattle Downtown - Pike Place, $73/night

No guest rating

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Internet in room
Pets Allowed

Restaurant
Business Center

Looking at the hotel lists, the best match for the Space Needle one could be HI Express Seattle City Center. No idea what the Pike Place could be though. Any thoughts?

My guess for the Space Needle property would be the Holiday Inn Express City Center or the Quality Inn and Suites (although i'll mention that i believe the Quality Inn pool is current closed for maintenance/repair)

The Executive Hotel Pacific would be a possibility for the Pike Place property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if w can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you. Those seem like decent enough places to stay. Are there any hotels at those star ratings that I should be wary of the possibility of getting stuck with?

These prices are much better than Hot.wire for the same dates. If I try PRICELINE's Name Your Own Price avenue, how much cheaper might I expect to be able to go?

You can see the Priceline Hotel List to see hotels that have been reported to the board in each zone and star rating.

Given the current 5% OFF discount (see the link and code in my signature) you may be able to shave a few dollars off the price, but usually not too much. If you want to try bidding, let us know which zone(s) you're willing to accept, your desired star rating, and your maximum bid... we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can see the Priceline Hotel List to see hotels that have been reported to the board in each zone and star rating.

Given the current 5% OFF discount (see the link and code in my signature) you may be able to shave a few dollars off the price, but usually not too much. If you want to try bidding, let us know which zone(s) you're willing to accept, your desired star rating, and your maximum bid... we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Right, I did look at the hotel list, but I see there is nothing listed at 2.5* for Pike Place. Depending on the city that star level can be a crapshoot, decent budget property or total dump.

Interesting to note:

The $73 Space Needle listing adds $50.31 in taxes/fees, for a total $266.31, minus 5% of $219 = $255.81

There is also a $79 3.5* Space Needle listing, guest rating 8.0, with:

Guaranteed Amenities: 

Free Internet in room

Restaurant

But this listing adds in only $34.35 in taxes/fees, for a total $271.35, minus 5% of $237 = $259.59

I actually get a full star level higher for only $3.78. Only in the strange world of Priceline/Hotwire does $6/night × 3 nights = under $4!

Any educated guesses on the identity of our 3.5* mystery? None at that level are on the PL hotel list. The Hotwire hotel list suggests the Maxwell Hotel maybe.

Anyway the 3.5* $79 listing seems like a considerably better deal for only $4 more. So maybe I could make some attempts to bid at 3.5* and 3* at whatever will give me an after-tax total no higher than that $259.59, and then if it doesn't take, fall back on the Express listing.

Mystery solved. It's the Marqueen Hotel which is apparently now 3.5* up from 3*.

Total after taxes and fees was $251.25, so I saved only an extra $8 compared to the 5% off PRICELINE EXPRESS.

I had bid $60 in this zone for a 3.5* and was counter-offered $81. Then bid up $63, 66, 68, 70 and won.

Also bid $60-72 for 3.5* in Seattle Pike Place, and $60-69 for 3* in Seattle Pike Place.

Marqueen is a bit of a longer walk from the rest of downtown but has decent reviews, and I have an Orca card to get around on transit as well as a car2go account.

EDIT to add: Yes I did use the [url=http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=40]PRICELINE[/url] link.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the purchase and this property should work out fine for your needs.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding and sharing your win, helping us update the new star rating for this property in the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a nice trip! I got an Orca card and set it to $5 auto-load as necessary. Definitely needed transit for the hotel's location but it was a great neighbourhood. The Peso's restaurant across the street has a 10-12 T-F AM happy hour, delicous breakfast entrées $7.50! The hotel's continental breakfast was decent - coffee or tea, bagel, fruit, yogourt with a bit of granola.

The room was huge. King bed, bathroom, kitchen nook with cutlery, sink, microwave, kettle, fridge and table, couch, comfy chairs. The bed was unfortunately underwhelming in terms of comfort. But overall I got good value.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]