Hotwire Hotel: Detroit DTW Hotels

elite
By elite,
in

I stayed at the Westin DTW (directly inside the new McNamara Terminal) a couple of weeks ago on a USD 59 SPG.com wekend special (non-cancellable prepaid but it earned SPG credits). The Westin is only a few months old and is very nice - definitely deserving of a 4* rank (although the restaurant is overpriced and high-speed internet access is 9.95). On the plus side, soundproofing is outstanding and if you're flying Northwest or Continental there's a private TSA screening point so yo get to avoid the general line :)

Since Hotwire has a separate zone for Dearborn (inclding I assume the Hyatt Regency and Ritz Carlton in Dearborn near the Fairlane Mall and Ford World Headquarters), I'd guess the Westin - I don't know of any other 4* properties in the DTW-Romulus area. Lastly, TOBB shows the Westin as a 4* for Priceline FWIW.

Elite,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What are the dates you are searching for and other amenities shown?

I know you are new to BetterBidding, but i don't know if you are new to Hotwire... is it indeed a Red S icon that you are seeing (which indicates a suite hotel) rather than the front of a bus with an S in the windshield (which indicates a shuttle bus to the airport).

EDIT: actually i was just able to pull up the 3.5* Suite hotel. I'm not at my own house right now but will try to do some research later tonite when i get home, but it will still help if you can post the dates of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Staying 9/20. We have a 6:40 am NW flight on 9/21 and we live in the northern subs so we have an hour drive time. Thought we would just go the night before.

Used Hotwire in July for Ft. Lauderdale and got the Embassy Suites for $68 after trying PL for a month prior.

Just checked the SPG.com site and they are offering the USD 79 intro weekend rate for your night (and of course if you book on spg.com you don't pay the HW fee and you get SPG points to boot.

Hotwire shows the 4* at USD 69 and the 3.5* "S" for USD 59 (you'd have to factor in the HW fee of course)

The advantave to the westin would be not having to ride a shuttle (even a very short 5 minute ride, you have to be ready when the shuttle goes THAT early in the morning).

BTW - is it likely that the 3.5 Suites is the Hilton Suites?? The HW listing includes BOTH the "S" and the bus-with-S and also high-speed access and comp. breakfast - noth of which the Hilton Suites offers (although since elite would be leaving so early thay probably would miss the bkfast) :)

BTW - is it likely that the 3.5 Suites is the Hilton Suites?? The HW listing includes BOTH the "S" and the bus-with-S and also high-speed access and comp. breakfast - noth of which the Hilton Suites offers (although since elite would be leaving so early thay probably would miss the bkfast) :)

When i do the search i don't get the 3.5* Suite hotel also showing internet access, so i wouldn't narrow it down to the Hilton (unless there is another Suite hotel that does show internet access). However, knowing the area a little, i think the Hilton is the most likely possibility, while the Comfort Suites is also a possibility (although sight unseen, i'd sooner rate the Hilton Suites a 3.5* hotel than the Comfort Suites)

I was confused with the first post of this thread because i thought elite saw a 4* and a 3.5* which both had the suite icon, but i think i'm clear on it now with WDR's post.

I have added some hotels to the Hotwire list by City and the 4* appears (on my search for this date) appears to match the Westin:

4* Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport

Shuttle, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business Center

Of course, there could always be another hotel with this exact star rating and amenities that we're not aware of.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]