Priceline Hotel: Downtown Miami on Priceline

JerryB48
By JerryB48,
in

I am going to need a room for March 26 for one nite. I would like to stay in downtown Miami. I know this is a busy time of the year down there. I was just wondering is it too early to bid on Priceline? I have no idea when the hotels open up rooms to priceline. Maybe some of you folks have gotten rooms for that time of the year on Priceline.

Another question I have is this. Let's say the lowest bid accepted today by Priceline on a particular hotel is $50 for March 26,2006. Is there a possibility, if bid at a later date, that the price could be higher or lower for the same hotel for March 26.

I guess what I am getting at is once a hotel relases a room to Priceline for a certain date and price, do they ever later revamp the price for that same rooom and same date?

Thanks

Jerry

hotels raise and lower the minimum acceptable bid as the projected occupancy levels change. If it looks like the hotel is getting full, then management will raise the minimum bid, thus maximizing revenue for the hotel. You can monitor room rates and see if there are any changes as your date approaches, but you have time on your side to book a cancellable back up and keep bidding on Priceline.

• 2 weeks later...

I have made several bids on Priceline lately to try to get a hotel in downtown Miami. I first thought maybe it is too early to bid but then I remembered I had bid in early November 2003 for a hotel for late March 2004 and won a bid for downtown Miami. I have not seen any posting of bids won for Miami for 2006 on this or any other boards.

If anyone wins bids for Miami for 2006 please post them. It would sure help others to know what to bid.

Thank You,

Jerry

Yes my date is still march 26,2006

I bid downtown miami 3 star $35 which is what I got the Raddison for in 2004. I got rejected I waited 72 hrs, and rebid $50 rejected waited 72 hrs rebid $55 rejected waited 72 hrs. Tonight I bid 4star $66 rejected added 3 star bid $60 rejected.

I did see that someone did get the courtyard marriott, which by looking at the hotel list for priceline on this site shows it to be a 2.5 star. It was for the first week of Feb. 06 and was won at $48. This was one of the few postings I have seen for 2006 for Miami.

Thanks,

Jerry

I think you shouldn't have a problem getting a 4* for $100 or less.

At the 4* level in Miami you have four re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask for help and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding.

Select 4* Miami Downtown...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Miami Downtown and re-bid zone4...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $100.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare,

I understand the rebid proceess but I do not know what the area is for the zones. You gave me zones1 through 4 to rebid but what exactly is zone 1? Is it south beach, airport, etc. If it is listed somewhere I didn't find it. Also you did not give me a 3star bidding sequence. Have you seen prices people are getting hotels for in miami downtown area for 2006? If is so could u let me know?

Thanks ,

Jerry

You can determine your re-bid zones according to the Priceline Re-Bidding Explained explained thread:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

If you're unsure we encourage you to confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding (and no, South Beach is not one of your re-bid zones)

I only suggested the above because you stated that you were willing to bid up to $100 for a 4* property and am somewhat confident that the above will be successful... if not we'll then suggest a 3* strategy, but based upon current rates i think the above has a very good change of success. Is there some other reason you would want a 3* strategy?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare,

I originally was bidding for a 3 star but once I had bid $60,I thought maybe I should try for a 4 star. I had seen that some were getting 4 stars for December and got it for $66. I am still needing the room for March 26, 2006. What I have found strange is that hardly anyone is posting bids won for 2006. Like I said in an earlier posting, I had bid in early November 2003 and won a bid for the end of March 2004. Which leads me to belive that I am not bidding too early.

Thank You for your time and effort,

Jerry

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... it makes the board easier to manage.

The "List Price" is a new addition, but at this point i don't think it helps very much in determining the hotel that is being shown... the star rating and amenity combination are the best indications. However, you can see the 'list price' by clicking "See Hotel Details" on the Hotwire hotel offering page.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]