Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 4* Cambridge resort

HipHop-opotamus
By HipHop-opotamus,
in

Hi, I'm trying to book the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort/Spa/Marina for this Fri-Sun (3/14-16), and I'm seeing the following on Hotwire for $163 per night:

• Free Parking
  • Free Internet
  • Resort
  • Pet friendly
  • Oceanfront hotel
  • Indoor pool(s)
  • Fitness Center
  • Pool(s)
  • Restaurant(s)

Bidding Helper -  FULL AMENITIES: Free Parking, Free Internet, Resort, Pet friendly, Oceanfront hotel, Indoor pool(s), Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Spa Services, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

I'm fairly certain the Hyatt has all of those amenities.  Also, the listing shows $249 as the regular (struck-through) price, and the Hotwire standard rate listing shows the Hyatt at $249.  Pretty sure it's the only 4* hotel/resort in the area.  Is it safe to assume this secret rate option is the Hyatt that I'm looking for?

I can book through Hyatt for $199 with a promo code (or similarly valued packages with food/resort credits), so if it's the secret rate is the Hyatt then one thing I'd wonder is whether the booking method (Hotwire vs Hyatt) or price paid ($159 vs $199) could impact my ability to get a room upgrade.  Since I get the impression this hotel is not packed this time of year, I'm assuming at least an upgrade to water view would be possible for them... but does anyone know whether hotels use booking info in deciding whether to give upgrades?  If they do, then i may consider paying the extra $40 to increase my chances... or maybe just tell them it's an anniversary weekend for my wife & I and hope they're extra nice.

thanks for your help.

I would agree that the best guess for the property above would be the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort.

While a hotel may favor those who book thru their own website for upgrades, it's really a 'hit or miss' proposition and depends upon a lot of factors... hotel occupancy levels for your dates, what is available at time of check-in, hotel policy, mood of the front desk clerk, etc, etc. Some hotels freely give upgrades (when available) just for the asking... others only for an additional fee... and still others will not allow upgrades even if you're willing to pay extra at the time of check-in.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]