Priceline Hotel: 3* Kansas City (Country Club Plaza) Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel

chucka
By chucka,
in

Amenities include parking, internet, pet friendly, fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry.  

I *think* it's the Holiday Inn at the Plaza, but this is listed on the hotel list as having restaurant, pool, fitness, and tennis; the hotel I am trying to ID does not have tennis.

Thanks!

I want to use Priceline to get a 3* hotel in KC.  I need to be within walking distance of the Intercontinental Kansas City at the Plaza.  I would be fine with either the Holiday Inn at the Plaza or Courtyard my Marriott KC Country Club Plaza, which are the two 3* hotels listed on the Priceline hotel lists.  My concern, however, is that I might end up with the Holiday inn Express KC Westport Plaza, which is too far away.  This is listed as a 2.5* on Priceline but as a 3* on Hotwire.  I know the star system differs, but basically the question is: if I bid for a 3* on Priceline, what is the chance that I end up with the Holiday Inn Express?

Thanks!

In terms of the HOTWIRE listing, are you still seeing the above listing? If so, how many people are you searching for? I'm seeing a different listing when searching for 2 adults this evening.

In terms of bidding, if you bid for a 3*, you have to be willing to accept any 3* in the area or possibly being upgraded. The lists on Betterbidding, including the site's Priceline Hotel List for Missouri, only provide what has been reported to the board.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi, thanks for writing.  I am searching for 1 adult for 3/31/14-4/3/14 in Kansas City, MO (Country Club Plaza) and I am still seeing the 3-star hotel for $84 per night (regardless of whether I search for 1 or 2 adults).  There's another 3-star hotel for $70/night with parking, breakfast, internet, pet friendly, fitness, business center; this matches up pretty well to the Holiday Inn Express (which I don't want).  I am getting a message saying "Book fast!  the last person booked the Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel."  But this hotel doesn't have a pool, which is listed in the Hot.wire hotel I'm interested at $84/night.

Thanks.

Note that the 'Last person got ___' info is relative to the star rating and zone, not the specific hotel currently offered.

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

This is what i'm seeing for the 3 star hotel in this zone for $84/nite:

Free Parking

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Tennis

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

If this is what you're seeing, my best guess for this one would be the Holiday Inn at the Plaza.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply.  Interestingly, the $84/night Hot.wire hotel showed up on the regular view but not the easy view, meaning I couldn't get access to the extended amenities.

Either way, I ended up bidding $55/night for 3* on Priceline from 3/31/14-4/3/14 and got the Best Western Seville Plaza.  Not a bad deal all things considered.  I don't see that listed in the Priceline list for Country Club Plaza in KC, so hopefully this update will be helpful for this excellent website.

Thanks so much!

...the $84/night HOTWIRE hotel showed up on the regular view but not the easy view, meaning I couldn't get access to the extended amenities.

This happens from time-to-time, in which case you can still see the full amenity set as follows:

1) click the HOTWIRE tab at Bidding.helper

2) select the offer you're interested in

3) on the next page click the BOOK NOW button

4) in the TRIP SUMMARY BOX click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

Thanks for the post... have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]