Priceline Hotel: Does Express Deal for a hotel imply that it will come up via bidding?

el_aguacate
By el_aguacate,
in

Hi everyone,

Background: 

We are trying to find the best price for the Westin Maui. I read up, and it seems like a lot of people have been able to bid and win it for ~ $170/night recently, which is a great price.

Currently, Priceline.Express has a $225/night deal for what appears to be the Westin Maui.  Getting the $170 price instead of the $225 price would save our party ~$575. We had almost reserved rooms at the Hyatt Regency, but then found out that it's undergoing heavy construction. So, we definitely want the Westin and NOT the Hyatt!

My Question:

Does the fact that there's currently a Priceline.Express deal for the Westin Maui (and not, it appears, for the Hyatt Regency) imply that if I bid the $170 amount, I'd end up with the Westin and not the Hyatt? 

Thanks!

This thread will be used to assist with details for your Maui trip so it is in the correct location.

There Name Your Own Price side of PRICELINE and the PRICELINE EXPRESS side of their service each use a different universe of hotels (some hotels may participate with one side of their service but not the other), so while there is quite a bit of overlap between the two, what is offered on the PRICELINE EXPRESS side is not necessarily indicative of what you will get when bidding.

What are the actual dates of your stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks! Didn't realize they pull from different universes of hotels.  

Our hotel dates are March 28 - April 2 (my wife and I are staying an extra night, which we booked on Priceline at the Ritz). We're a group of four, so we're actually looking for two rooms for those dates.  We already have a refundable reservation at the Aston Kaanapali Shores, so at this point we're just trying to find a nicer/better place for the same money or less.

Also: we're considering just rolling the dice with the name your own price, and if we end up with the Hyatt Regency, we can try calling ahead of time to politely ask that we not be put in the construction zone, since we'll be travelling with a baby who sleeps during construction times.

Love this site!!!

EDIT: looks like the Hyatt Regency based upon this Priceline Express hotel win

Free Internet in public areas

Outdoor Swimming Pool

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Fitness Center

Rated 8/10

Guest Favorite

Has lots of bed choices:

$182 - 1 King Bed + Sofabed

$250 - 2 Double Beds

$274 - King Bed

$274 - King Bed

$299 - King Bed

Mar 28 - Apr 2.

I'm guessing it's not the Westin since it doesn't say free parking?

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Best guess for the PRICELINE EXPRESS property above would be the Hyatt.

What is your rate at the Aston Kaanapali Shores?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board. (and for the compliments on the site :) )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So to compare apples-to-apples, the above pl.express property at $182/nite x 2rooms - 5% Discount in my signature = $345/nite vs. $535/nite

Is saving almost $200/nite worth any possible inconvenience the construction may cause?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]