Hotwire Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills - West Hollywood) InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

Janet Diber
By Janet Diber,
in

Hi I am looking for 2 rooms for 4 adults with QS bed for 2 nights from the 13th Sept for around $180-200 US per night. I have done a bit of research on both websites but want to be in the Santa monica area only not Venice beach.

Would i be safe to name my own price on a 4 star hotel as i have noticed some of the 3 star ones are in Venice beach?

Hi I am looking for 2 rooms for 4 adults with QS bed...

Price.line guarantees accommodations for double occupancy, after that it is at the discretion of the hotel, but bed type/room configuration is not guaranteed.

... but want to be in the Santa monica area only not Venice beach. Would i be safe to name my own price on a 4 star hotel...

When bidding on PRICELINE you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone.

As per our reply to your Priceline NYC thread you need to be willing to accept a hotel anywhere in the zone when using the Name Your Own Price side of PRICELINE. While all the 'known' 4* hotels reported to the board are in the Santa Monica section of the zone, as per the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List, you could receive a new hotel not yet reported to the board (that is not in the section of the zone that you want), a hotel that has previously been reported but has since been upgraded/downgraded since last reported, or your 4* bid could be upgraded to a higher rated hotel (the star rating your choose is the minimum star rating that you're willing to accept... not the only star rating you're willing to accept.

If the above makes bidding on PRICELINE a deal breaker, you could also use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which will show you hotels near almost any address in the world and makes it easy to see how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating or to stay closer/further from your ideal location.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know if/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

We have not yet seen a PRICELINE EXPRESS property reported to the board with this amenity set, and with so many 4* hotels in this zone, most offering the amenities above, i don't have any insight into this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have tried to narrow it down but you are right there are so many. Is there any other way to try to work it out or will I be better off just picking from the listed items?

Do you think if i name my own price with a 4.5 star hotel in west hollywood/beverly hills area there is a likely chance that i will get either the Sofitel or the Mondrian?

Janet,

The odds of getting one of the two only reported hotels at a certain level are always good, but never sure.  

Some new 4.5* might have just elected to participate in PL bidding.

Some 5* might have gotten a downgrade, or some 4* an upgrade.

The zone boundaries might have changed slightly and are now including some different hotels.

Maybe there is another one out there nobody has yet reported.

Probably some more reasons, but this will give you the general idea.

Romelle

Thanks Romelle, 

I might just wait and see if i can get a last minute deal closer to the date. Dont like my chances of trying a secret hotel, too many i can get stuck with although there is a 4 star hotel in Santa Monica express deals for the 13th sept for 2 nights  that I am thinking might be the shore? any ideas to what that hotel is? 

Hi, me again.

There is a Santa Monica 4 star hotel on Priceline.express for $255 per night with these amenities:

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

Guest score 8 out of 10 

we are looking at 2 nights from the 13th September.

Any ideas as to which hotel it might be.

PS. Forgive me if i have more than one thread in Santa monica but i couldnt find any others. How do i find my posts with out going into each forum. Is there an easy way to find them?

Thanks for your help

...How do i find my posts with out going into each forum. Is there an easy way to find them?

Up in the right hand corner you see your screen name next to "Sign Out".  If you click on that, and then select "My Content" you will be able to get at all your posts.

I'm very impressed with the progress you are making on this trip!    

Romelle

...How do i find my posts with out going into each forum. Is there an easy way to find them?

I'll add that if you click the "NEED HELP" with the GREEN QUESTION MARK on the top right corner of the board there is a link within there for "SEE MY CONTENT" which will also show you all your topics/posts.

While all the hotels mentioned above are possible, i think the Huntley Santa Monica Beach is the most likely of the bunch and that would be my best guess for this PRICELINE EXPRESS property.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- note that the 5% OFF link for PRICELINE EXPRESS in my signature expires tomorrow at midnite EST time.

Im not too fussed as long as its in Santa Monica...$255 is still a bit more than i want to spend at this stage so i am hoping it drops down over the next few days....I do like the Shore and the Wyndham by the pier

And thanks Romelle, I am getting there, just having trouble finding my posts and saw that i had doubled up on one. Apologies and thanks for your patience :-)

Hi I am wondering if you can advise on this property.

4 star, 90% recommended in Beverly hills/weho for $201pn on hotwire with these amenities:

Pet friendly
  Fitness Center
  Pool(s)
  Restaurant(s)
Business Center
  Internet access
  Golf Nearby
  Tennis Nearby
Accessibility
Accessible for the blind

Thanks

Are you on the US version of HOT.WIRE or are you searching for more than the default 2adults/0children.

Please run a new search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities. Then copy and paste the amenities, as well as the price, in a reply to this thread and we will then have a look at this offer.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

hhmmm yes I think i was in the aussie version. That hotel is not on the US one but this one is.

Hotwire, $166pn at 85%

Amenities:

Pet friendly
  Suite
  Fitness Center
  Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
  Business Center
  Self service laundry
  Internet access
Spa Services

Maybe you can help us. We are after 4 or 5 star in beverly hills/west hollywood. Somewhere modern with a pool in between Golden triangle and walk of fame and close to Santa monica blvd so it is easy to catch buses everywhere as we wont have a car.

Dont want to spend any more than $250aus which equates to around the $180us mark without taxes, prefer to pay less if possible. Was looking at Santa Monica but way out of our price range. I seem to be going nowhere fast with this one. THanks

It is now down to $165 on hotwire with these amenties and 90% recommended

Pet friendly
  Fitness Center
  Pool(s)
  Restaurant(s)
Business Center
  Internet access
Accessibility
Accessible for the blind
Accessible for the deaf
Accessible path of travel

Please use the EASY TAB view of our BiddingHelper.com to ensure that you are seeing the full list of amenities associated with each property OR you can do it the 'long way' by:

1) search HOTWIRE and click the offer

2) on the next page click the BOOK NOW button

3) in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the list of amenities

Using the EASY VIEW tab this is the full list of amenities i'm currently seeing for the 4* hotel in the Beverly Hills-West Hollywood zone for your dates when searching for 2 rooms:

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

If this is what you're seeing, my best guess for this one would be a new amenity set for the InterContinental Los Angeles Century City. While i am comfortable with my guess for this property, if you wanted to spend an extra $5 more per nite there is an alternate search that could provide a bit more confidence in this guess, but not sure if you'd rater go for the increased savings or the increased confidence.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes, or how you'd like to proceed, and we'll take it from there.

Change your search to 2rooms/4adults/1child and a 'new' 4* hotel appears in this zone with (for ~$172/nite):

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Tennis

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... this matches previous reports for the InterContinental Los Angeles Century City so that would be my best guess for this one.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi and sorry to be a pain in the proverbial but I have just spotted this one on Hotwire and am hoping you can help?

4 star, $165pn 90% recommended with these amenities:

Pet friendly,

Fitness Center,

Pool(s),

Restaurant(s),

Business Center,

Internet access,

Accessible for the blind,

Accessible for the deaf,

Accessible path of travel,

In-room accessibility,

Accessible bathroom,

Handicapped parking,

Roll-in shower

Can you please give me an idea of what you think it could be?

Thank you again and again...you have been wonderful in helping me with my travel plans

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]