Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Kauai (Poipu) Grand Hyatt Kauai

applefanx3
By applefanx3,
in

Hello,

Using the forum links, I have attempted searches for a 4.5* hotel in Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii (Obviously looking for the Grant Hyatt)

Our trip dates are quite far, so perhaps this is my current problem:

10/5-10/10

or

10/12-10/17

Currently, Hotwire is:

$257/night 4.5* Poipu

And Priceline Express is terrible (~$360/night)

Priceline "Name your own price" has not worked out in my first approach, changes in bold

1) $200, 4.5*, 10/12-10/17, Area 2

2) $205, 4.5*, 10/12-10/17, Area 2, Area 1

3) $205, 4.5*, 10/05-10/10, Area 2, Area 1

None were accepted. Any tips on what I can expect trying to plan out a trip this far? Any better strategy other than biting the bullet on $257 or waiting to get cheaper?

If this is the hotel/star rating/zone you have decided upon, your two options basically come down to waiting it out and hoping for lower prices in the weeks ahead (with the risk that the current offer could go up in price or disappear entirely) or increase what you're currently willing to pay.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's been nearly a year since we have seen a PRICELINE win at this property (although it has been purchased on HOTWIRE within this time frame).

Current RATES FOR YOUR DATES at this property start at $432/nite (already discounted from their '5th Night Free' promotion)... so it comes down to if the $257/nite HOTWIRE rate is within your budget and if the 40%+ discount is enough to lock in this deal now.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you decide to proceed and how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

4.5*

95% Recommended

$253/night

$26/night resort fee

Grand Hyatt Kauai

Resort

Free Parking

Beachfront hotel

Oceanfront hotel

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Children's actvities

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

I knew with 99% certainty what hotel it would be. My PRICELINE name your own price wasn't going well (no offers accepted up to $255, tried daily) and when I looked at the same Sun-Fri trip every week from March-Oct, there were 3 different price groups: 1 week at $199/night, most $230-280, and the whole summer (End of June-August) $315-340. I decided to hedge my bets and buy now ( had seen my daily rate fluctuate $253-260) since our flights were booked.

Thanks again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]