Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Mag Mile-Wacker Drive) Hyatt Regency

chwtom
By chwtom,
in

looking to stay with a friend downtown on december 10-11. would like to go shopping at water tower and see the chrsitmas windows at fields. i thought the nma location would be best, but if anyone suggests otherwise, i'd listen.

the 3* nma hotel is 99$, lists rest, fitness, spa, internet, golf nearby, tennis nearby, business

there is also a 4* mag mile-wacker customer favorite for 149, lists rest, fitness, spa, tennis.

favorites say "i give this hotel five stars" "this is a beautiful luxury hotel" and "this was the nicest hotel i have had the pleasure in staying in"

any help?

when you book the room for two, HW will only guarantee a double or king bed, but you can call the hotel after you win to make your request. Depending on the occupancy level of the hotel and the attitude of the front desk clerk (as well as your attitude over the phone) you could get two beds.

I have rarely been denied in the past two years when making this request.

i didn't book through hotwire.

i ended up booking at the hotel indigo through their website for around 120/night. it looks like a cool little hotel, we'll see.

i did end up booking another hotel for january 14 in the same area. i had pretty much the same choices, though the prices were different.

this time i booked the 4star mag mile/wacker. the amenities listed were rest, fitness, spa, internet, business. it was a customer favorite and listed the following comments:

"I enjoyed my stay and the hotel. The location was nice, downtown just south of the river, and very accessible to all locations via walking, train, or taxi. The hotel was clean and well managed, just what you would expect from a four-star hotel."

- Mark C. from Madison, Wisconsin

Length of stay: 2 days

"We were in Chicago for the marathon and this was a great location. The hotel was close to everything... restaurants, museums, the pier, etc. We walked everywhere. The room was clean and nice, and the staff was very attentive. I highly recommend it!"

- Jeffrey H. from Atlanta, Georgia

Length of stay: 3 days

"Great Hotel. We loved the central location in Chicago. The staff was most accommodating in getting us into a terrific room."

- Robert S. from Effingham, Illinois

Length of stay: 1 day

the price was 69 dollars for one night, or 86 with tax. the hotel ended up being the hyatt regency on wacker. the only bad part is they charge 40 dollars for parking. hopefully there will be something nearby for a little more reasonable fee.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]