DEN Denver Fullsize Avis

Smully-p
By Smully-p,
in

I am needing a car rental from Denver airport, 3/17-3/24.   I have tried bidding on priceline from 18-24 dollars/day, no luck so far.  I am bidding on a full size car.

Hertz for $87/day

Enterprise for $86/day

Alamo for $79/day

Hotwire for $46/day

I am using the link on the page to bid.  Any advice for bidding?

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Priceline New York thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay), then reply to this thread and we'll be happy to look into the above. Please follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Thanx for using boards priceline and HOTWIRE links!

Yellowdog.

Rates look very high and given that PRICELINE and HOTWIRE are both 'opaque' to expect a 50% discount to HOTWIRE's rate by bidding on PRICELINE is not a likely expectations.

If you don't mind a 'second/third tier' rental company, you can use this link to FOX Rent a Car where you can get a fullsize for $241/week ($337 all-in)... i found this using our Car Rental Rate Checker found in the 'TOOL BOX' link in the header at the top fo the board)

If you only want to stick with the top tier companies, how high are you willing to bid given the current retail rates? (25-35% of current rates is not realistic for these dates, imo)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Even $34 puts you at less than half of prevailing rates so while possible, at the moment i think your chances are low.

To move forward i would increase your previous bid(s) by $3 every 24 hours (so $28, $31, $34)

Do you need a rental for this trip? If so, what is your gameplan if your bids are rejected up to $34/day?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Still a pretty wide gab between your maximum PRICELINE bid of $34 and the HOTWIRE rate of $46, but we can revise and cross that bridge once you hit your maximum bid and are still being rejected.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help along the way.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were able to get a great deal on this rental and that you're pleased with the results!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Have a great trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]