Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Downtown Dallas - Opinion Needed

Trek508
By Trek508,
in

I am trying to verify the 4.5* downtown Dallas property.  The pinned list shows The Omni which is the one I would prefer.  However, the amenities lean towards one of the other 4.5* listings that PL sells under it's normal channels.  I know the pinned list is best guess.  I am trying for the Omni since it is sold out and there is a large event there.  My dates are Feb 28-Mar 2. I was wondering if anyone has seen any other 4.5* listings for Downtown Dallas other than the Omni under Name Your Own Price.

Your previous hotwire hotel thread was for a stay from last year, 2013, please follow-up that thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply here and we'll hae a look at the offer above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I added a followup reply to the Las Colinas post stating that I did not book through Price.line last year because my daughter had to stay in a specific hotel.  The Dallas 4.5* request I am asking about this time is for the same event as last year but we are able to stay in a hotel of our choosing.  The dates for this one are Feb 28-Mar 2, 2014.  Thanks.

I see a 4.5* hotel offered in this zone for $347/nite, but when i click on the offer i get a message indicating that the offer is no longer avialable... are you still able to see this property on your own PRICELINE EXPRESS search? If so, if you click the listing is it still bookable? What are the amenities associated with this offer?

If it is still available, are you willing to spend $350/nite for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I do not see it on Express.  I am NOT willing to pay $347 per night.  I was hoping to Name Your Own Price for a 4.5* Downtown Dallas for a lot less (up to $180).  The pinned list showed The Omni for that property but it is newver certain.  I tried a bid of $120, downtown Dallas, 4.5* for Feb 28-Mar2 and it was denied.  I then started thinking that since The Omni is sold out that they might use a differnent hotel so I did not bid again yet.  I was checking with the group to see if anyone was awarded a hotel other than The Omni in the past to try to narrow down the odds of it being a different hotel for my bid. 

I bid $160 and then $180 (adding another zone) and was not accepted.  The "going rate" is $419 which happens to be the rate of a room at the Joule on the normal Priceline Hotel deals.  Rates are high because of a huge Cheer Nationals Event at the Convention Center.  Having said that I have two questions: (1) is it probable that a bid at about 55% of $419 might win? and (2) Since they are referencing the room rate of The Joule, is it likely to be The Joule?  Many times I can get enough info from prior wins to win a bid for the property I am looking for and at a fair rate. This one is throwing me off since most of downtown is sold out.  Any thoughts?  I have three young kids and dont really have an interest in staying at The Joule.  The Omni would be ideal.  Thanks.

(1) is it probable that a bid at about 55% of $419 might win?

No this isn't realistic with busy dates and sold out hotels. What is you max budget/night before tax/fee's?

(2) Since they are referencing the room rate of The Joule, is it likely to be The Joule?

No. it could be a different hotel as well.

I have three young kids and dont really have an interest in staying at The Joule

Please note that PRICELINE and PRICELINE EXPRESS only guarantees double occupancy, after that is at the discretion of the hotel. And this could mean a room with only one bed. And the chance is bigger to get a small room with busy dates. Have you looked at HOTWIRE?

HOTWIRE guarantees sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search... this often means two beds in the room, but the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, rollaway brought into the room, etc.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll go from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

To further expand upon yellowdog's comments above...

The "last person got ___" info is in reference to the last person who purchased a hotel of that star rating in the zone, not necessarily the specific property currently offered".

The average rate shown is an average rate of hotels in the zone of that star rating, again, not the specific hotel currently offered.

Lastly, when rates go up a hotel's profit margin increases, but it's during times like this that the hotel is actually less likely to discount as deeply. If a hotel has low occupancy for a given date and a room is selling for $150/nite, they may be willing to discount that room by 50% in order to help fill the property (and have more guests to sell others services to such as eating at the restaurant, room service, internet, movies, etc, etc)... where as if a hotel is nearly full and is able to get $400/nite, they only have a few rooms left and would likely be less willing to discount the room as deeply (if at all).

I wanted to follow up to let you know I did not end up bidding on Priceline for a few reasons.  We ended up not wanting to stay downtown, and secondly, needed to be certain of an indoor pool for the kids.  I could not take a chance on this stay and end up somewhere that did not have the amenities we needed for this trip.  Sometimes it works out using Priceline if certain unknowns are acceptable.  For this trip, I had to be certain.  Thanks for all the help.

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

When PRICELINE / HOTWIRE don't work out, please check for and use the links in our Support Page for your hotel direct purchases, where we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]