Priceline Hotel: Washington DC - Capitol Hill Convention Center

ppb1186
By ppb1186,
in

Hi. i am new the to Priceline bidding, Trying to get a hotel for April 3 to April 6 2014 in Washington DC (Capitol Hill -  Convention Center).  When i use the Name your Price with Priceline and choose a 4* Hotel I don't get much to identify the hotel.  Any help?

Only thing it tells me about the hotel is: Fitness Center, Business Center, Guest Score 8/10 or Higher

Has anyone bid for this area and what hotel did you get?

I am also looking at the Capitol Hill South area, but that looks too risky for me as the highest is 3* and covers more areas i would not want to stay.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The amenities shown on the PRICELINE bidding page are amentiies that are offered at every hotel in the zone at that star level, not a specific hotel that you would be bidding on; in face, at this point of the process PRICELINE has not even checked any avaialble inventory for your dates.

You can see all hotels reported to the board in our Priceline and Hotwire Hotel Lists (and be sure to read the information at the top of the lists as well)

What is your expected budget per nite for this trip?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Another question: I have stayed at the Capitol Hill Hotel, which is marked at 2.5* in Capitol Hill South zone.  The hotel was in an ideal location for me and i enjoyed staying there.  Would it be risky to bid for a 2.5* star hotel and expect to get that one since it is the only 2.5* hotel listed?

Another question: I have stayed at the Capitol Hill Hotel, which is marked at 2.5* in Capitol Hill South zone.  The hotel was in an ideal location for me and i enjoyed staying there.  Would it be risky to bid for a 2.5* star hotel and expect to get that one since it is the only 2.5* hotel listed?

Yes, it would be risky.  There are simply no guarantees, and you have to be willing to accept any 2.5* hotel (or higher) within the boundaries of the zone map.  

I've personally gotten as-yet-unreported hotels several times.  

Romelle

I agree that it would be risky, especially at the 2.5* level, since if you don't get the hotel you want it couuld be a place that doesn't meet your expectations... at least at the higher rated hotels if you take a risk you have a better chance at it still being something that is acceptable. As well, the star rating you select when bidding on PRICELINE is the minimum that you're willing to accept, so even if you were very familiar with the zone and knew it was the only 2.5* hotel offered in the zone, your 2.5* bid could be upgraded to a higher rated hotel.

At current rates i don't think $90 is likely for a 4* hotel in this zone... at the moment you're more likely looking at the $125-$145 range, imo.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]