Hotwire Hotel: New 4.5* in Millenium/Grant Park

crito
By crito,
in

Do you guys have any idea what this 4.5* in the Parks zone might be?

I searched using your Bidding.Helper for 2/26 - 3/2, 2 adults, and here's the full amenities list:

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet

Tennis

It's listed for $86.

I already have a very good fully-refundable deal, but not as good as a 4.5* for $86. Just want to get an idea of what it might be.

Could it maybe be the Swiss with an extra half star?

I'm guessing this may be the Swiss. I'm seeing last user got "Swissotel Chicago Premier" when looking at the detail page for the listing - possibly, higher-end Swiss rooms are being offered as a separate listing/star rating? This may be something else, but that would be a definite guess.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hm, tempting.

I will probably keep my reservation (at the Conrad), but let's not close this yet since I might decide to go for this 4.5*. If I was sure it was the Swiss with upgraded rooms, I think I'd do it -- upgraded rooms at the Swiss are apt to have really great views, aren't they?

I just booked it for 2/22-2/23 It is Swissotel.

Thanks for your post.

Can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your win when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

In your post please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates of your stay and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks!

PS- please also follow-up your previous Chicago hotwire thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, even if you didn't use PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, booked direct, canceled the trip, etc. Following-up your threads helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as is a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your trip. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's not quite as well reviewed as the Conrad and not quite as central (although still a great location), but I'll also note the 4* MileNorth (which used to be the Affinia) is a very nice value for $74 for a studio on Expe.dia for these date/s (limited time deal with a few hours left apparently.)

If this deal is of interest, please use the site's Expedia link under the Support Page area.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

It's not quite as well reviewed as the Conrad and not quite as central (although still a great location), but I'll also note the 4* MileNorth (which used to be the Affinia) is a very nice value for $74 for a studio on Expedia for these date/s (limited time deal with a few hours left apparently.)

If this deal is of interest, please use the site's Expedia link under the Support Page area.

Ah, thanks -- that does sound like a really good deal. But the thing is, I'm going to be going into the north part of the Loop every day (for my conference), so it's rather more convenient if I can stay within a reasonable walk (and reasonable is going to be pretty short given that it looks like it will be pretty cold). That's why the Grant-Millennium 4.5* caught my eye.

(The Conrad is also a little more my style than the Mile North -- I'm very happy with it, just thought an upgraded Swiss room cheap might be worth switching.)

Understandable. :)

Weather continues to be lousy in Chicago and forecasts keep getting revised the wrong way.

I'll keep an eye out for any other options and thank you for keeping us updated.

Additionally, please let me know if you have any city questions/need recommendations.

I've decided I'll just stick with my Conrad reservation.

But now I have a question for Aaron. Coming from O'Hare, and planning to use the El a few times while I'm in town (and then back out to O'Hare), should I get a Chicago Card, a Chicago Card Plus, a Ventra card, or just buy the single-fare cards as I need them?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]