Priceline Hotel: Travelodge Toronto East

Bella1
By Bella1,
in

Hi,

I'm new to betterbidding and have also only recently learned of Hotwire & Priceline. Have tried using bidding without success so far but have read some tips so will use them next time.

My main issue is the Travelodge Toronto East as it has a different star ratings for Hotwire & Priceline and also it appears in different zones in Priceline. In no way am I trying to put the hotel down or discouraging anyone from going there, I am simply speaking of my experience. Other than motels, I have no issues with any hotels in Scarborough, Markham and Toronto overall and am always happy when I can get a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal. The only hotel I avoid at all costs is Travelodge Toronto East as I had a major issue there. Basically, I had booked a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal from Priceline for 2* and ended up with Travelodge which I was very disappointed but since I had no choice I had to end up going there. The next time, I decided to book through Hotwire as I saw a great express deal for 2 1/2*, assuming Travelodge would definitely not be an option, and to my complete shock it turned out the be the same Travelodge. After hours of speaking to someone at Hotwire & Priceline I finally got the issue resolved and ended up at a further zone and paid more but at least I wasn't stuck at the Travelodge.

So, that is my first concern, that both those sites list Travelodge as different star ratings so I already get confused and have difficulty when I have to switch between the sites when I'm booking. The next issue is that I noticed on Priceline after reading tips and wins on betterbidding, that Travelodge falls into Scarborough-Pickering zone on and falls into Toronto East (possibly North York) zone.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me for my next booking which is most likely Feb 21st or Feb 21st. I would like to know how I can absolutely avoid ending up getting Travelodge Toronto East. Also, if there was a way for me to get a 2* star or 2 1/2* such as comfort inn without risking getting Travelodge as I would like to try other hotels around that same star range for a discounted price. I have yet to stay at a 3 1/2* or 4* and if someone could suggest if I could bid and win one those better hotels in my zones which are Scarborough, Markham and Toronto East (possibly North York if someone could let me know how I could find the hotels that are in that zone and how far it would be from me). I prefer to spend less than $80/night and would like to remain closer to Scarborough and away from Downtown Toronto, Vaughan, Mississauga and such areas. Again, thanks for all the help and sorry for such a long & detailed post.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

A few notes:

Please post your prior wins at the Travelodge as separate wins in the HOTWIRE and PRICELINE forums (please include all information, such as zone, star rating, date/s, amenities associated with the listing - for HOTWIRE, this can be found under the trip information in your account) and price per night before taxes/fees), as the information greatly helps other users, even if the day is in the past. Thanks. :)

In terms of PRICELINE Express and HOTWIRE, you are limited to inventory available. The Travelodge may be showing for your date/s, but it becomes a matter of trying to ID the property based upon the information given. It is a little more difficult with PRICELINE Express, given the more general amenities.

It also depends on your date/s of travel (can you confirm the exact dates? Rates can vary significantly from day-to-day) and desired budget per night.

You can see a list of the HOTWIRE and PRICELINE hotels that have been reported to the board by clicking the "Can't Find What You're Looking For?" box in the upper corner and then clicking "see hotel lists". These lists provide what has been reported to the board.

Thank you for posting your prior Travelodge wins as separate threads and please let us know more details about your stay/if you have questions on the above information.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi,

Well to be honest that didn't help me out at all. Also, I never stated that I had any "wins" for Travelodge. I'm new to Priceline & Hotwire and had purchased the regular deals, did not do any bidding, therefore did not have any wins. I also did state the dates I was wanting to stay in my post which is either Feb 21st or 22nd.

Anyways, I guess my best bet is to just not do any bidding for 2* or 2 1/2* as there's a chance I will end up with Travelodge. I was hoping by joining this group I would get some help regarding the issues I described in my first post but that does not seem to be the case. Thanks for trying to help anyways.

I never stated that I had any "wins" for Travelodge.
Any time you have purchased a hotel without knowing the name beforehand, it is considered a 'win', as per each of your purchase below:
I had booked a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal from Priceline for 2* and ended up with Travelodge...
Win #1
Hotwire as I saw a great express deal for 2 1/2*, assuming Travelodge would definitely not be an option, and to my complete shock it turned out the be the same Travelodge...
Win #2

Please post each of the wins above to the board as a NEW TOPIC (separate threads for each) so that others can benefit form the information and be aware of these purchases when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps.

You can still view the details of each of your purchases by:

PRICELINE - the MY PROFILE >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of their home page

HOTWIRE - the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page

For each please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates of your stay, and amenities shown before your purchase.

I also did state the dates I was wanting to stay in my post which is either Feb 21st or 22nd.
Hotel inventory, pricing, and any strategies available or suggested are date dependent, so we will need to know your confirmed date before researching and helping with this upcoming trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]