FLL Ft Lauderdale Thrifty Midsize

Wyomingtraveler
By Wyomingtraveler,
in

Hey all

I have been looking for several months for a pre-cruise rental in Fort Lauderdale. I started my search using the HOTWIRE link on this site, but never got anything that made want to jump and make a reservation. Well that was until I got an email from Hotwire about a price-drop for my dates. In any event I came back to this site and used the HOTWIRE link to do a search and below are results i got.

Midsize car for $9.95 + taxes & fees for a total of $30.40.

After that I did a search at Hertz to see if I could do better using my Gold Plus Points (earned through e-rewards) to get a free rental (would just need to pay the taxes and fees). Their regular rates are lots more than Hotwire even when I enter a CDP in. In any event I would not do too much better with Hertz by only paying the taxes and fees, so I decided to continue my search.

Then I also did a search at expedia.com and found a slightly higher rate than Hotwire with Thrifty for the same size car at $15 + taxes fees for a total of $25 (lower overall rate).

After this I decided to use the link here for Thrifty, as they sometimes offer better rate at there site. When doing this I remembered to select there Port Everglades location for the return of this car. In any event below is what I was able to get.

Thrifty Midsize Car: 05/02/14-05/03/14

renting from FLL and returning to FL9 (Port Everglades Location)

base rate: $13.33

taxes & fees: $9.94

total: $23.27

I really like this rate, as it includes a free shuttle to Port Everglades.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]