Priceline Hotel: Bidding help for Dupont Circle area

Irish80122
By Irish80122,
in

Good evening, everyone. I am hoping a local or someone with local knowledge can help me with a dilemma I have run into. I was fortunate enough to receive a grant, and some of the grant funds are to attend a conference in Washington D.C. Sadly I made a mistake with writing my budget, and have grant money only to pay for 2 nights at $180 per night. The conference hotel is the Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel and the conference will require me to stay for 3 nights. Oops...I am a day short, plus about $40 short for the two days I have funding for. Thus, it is time to get creative :).

Are there any decent, safe hotels in the area that have a free shuttle that I could take to the Washington Marriott Wardman Park, or any that are easy to navigate with mass transit? I would love not to have to pay out of pocket for my goof.

Thanks for your help! I appreciate your site and will be sure to use your bidding links.

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

In your reply, please clarify if you now only need one additional nite (or all three nites) and what the dates of your stay are, as well as your budget for the remaining nite(s) you need.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

In your reply, please clarify if you now only need one additional nite (or all three nites) and what the dates of your stay are, as well as your budget for the remaining nite(s) you need.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

I apologize for my slow response time, I clicked all four of the links in your message. 

We are hoping to get two rooms, check in June 8th, check out June 11th.  In our grant we budgeted for $720 in hotel costs.  Thus, when you build in taxes, we are looking for something in the realm of $100 per night.  Not sure if that is even possible in this area, but I figured I would ask here first before paying out of pocket.

I began bidding on Dupont Circle just to see if I could get lucky and get something within walking distance.  I used your PRICELINE link and bid for a 3.5* or better with bids of 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100

Since we have had no dice in this region I will start looking for hotels around it that may have shuttles that could take us to the Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, where our event is being hosted.

Thanks for your help!

The Marriott Wardman Park is right near the Woodley Park-Zoo metro station on the red line... why not expand your zone boundaries and rely on the metro get you there? (only caveat is that the metro shuts down about midnite or so, not sure what time your event is and what time it will conclude)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the advice, that sounds good.  I have only been in DC for about 24 hours for an interview way back in the day, so I don't remember much about the mass transit.  Can I stay pretty much anywhere in the city and be able to get there via mass transit?  The midnight cutoff won't be a problem, it is all during the day.  Thanks again for your help!

The Capitol Hill-Convention Center and White House-Downtown zones generally have excellent transportation options.

Access to a metro in the Georgetown-Foggy Bottom zone can be a bit tough if you were to land in the western part of the zone, but from here, as well as from the Dupont Circle zone itself, you could likely get a taxi for a reasonable price as the further point in either of these zones to the Marriott looks like it would be less than 2 miles.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]